[net.tv] A Vigilante is a vigilante is a vigilante

firby@sask.UUCP (05/27/83)

Relay-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Thu, 26-May-83 19:46:45 EDT

      Hey, gang!  You seem to have missed the point.  The issue at hand
has nothing to do with Magnum's character, or whether a good buddy got
blown away;  the point is, what Magnum did was ILLEGAL!  And that illegal
act was presented as somehow at least understandable, if not desirable.
No wonder your cities aren't safe to walk, if this is the way you're
training your youth.  What Magnum did puts him on the same level with
the Russian agents who murdered Sadat(if true), or anyone else who
indulges his quest for justice outside the law.  The Klaus Barbi
example simply does not apply; he's being turned over to trial, not
summarily executed.  In my opinion, the whole episode was despicable,
and dangerous.  But I guess Canadians have always had more respect and
confidence in their legal systems than the Americans.

                           not afraid to bait fascists,
                                 joanne

jdd@allegra.UUCP (05/27/83)

Hey sask!firby!  You seem to have missed the point, picking on Magnum
that way!  Here in the U.S.A. people are considered innocent until
\proven/ guilty.  Has Magnum been tried by a jury of his peers?  Has
he even been indicted?  Then he's innocent, and he's done nothing
illegal.

Cheers,
John ("Not Afraid To Bait Canadians
       (My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great-Grandfather Came From Canada)") DeT.
Bell Labs, Murray Hill