[net.tv] M*A*S*H trivia answers

wefa508@inuxd.UUCP (10/17/83)

O.K., here is the answers to the trivia contest I posted.
1.  Radar's Dog's name is Ranger
2.  It was his uncle David that would do the Binoculars with corn.  Many
    people thought it was his uncle Ed because that is the one that Radar
    spoke of so often.
3.  Radar had to answer the phone because the Hospital at which his grandchild
    was being born called to nofity him.  What sex is his grandchile, and name?
4.  Mrs. Blake's extramarital lover was an orthadonist.
5.  He drove a yellow Jaguar (or as Henry put it in the episode, a Yellow Jag).
6.  Lorraine,  sweet Lorraine.
7.  Norma Jean was the name of B.J.'s babysitter
8.  She was sixteen.
9.  Hawkeye didn't like the idea of Liver of Fish being served three times in a     row.
10. He soiled Klinger's stole.
11, 12, & 13.  Hawkeye ordered Ribs from Adam's Ribs in Chicago.
14. The helicopter nicknamed his counterweight "dummy" Little Mac
15, & 16. The nurse was headed home to Lancaster Missouri.
17. B.J, wanted to go home early to be at his daughter Erin's second birthday.
18, 19, & 20.  Hawkeye saluted only twice during the series, and both times
    were to Radar.  Once was when he pinned the Purple Heart on Radar, and when
    Radar went home.

halle1@houxz.UUCP (10/18/83)

Hawkeye also saluted when Father Mulcahey was promoted.  I think there was
also a salute in the finale.

naftoli@aecom.UUCP (Robert Berlinger) (10/18/83)

Hawkeye saluted to Colonel Potter in the last episode
(farewell) also.

	-- Robert --

carey@seismo.UUCP (Marie Carey) (10/19/83)

I seem to remember Hawkeye saluting more than the other times
described, but always mockingly. Has anyone else seen him salute
in these particular incidences or am I just imagining it?

eric@aplvax.UUCP (10/19/83)

	A really minor point, but you missed one of the times
Hawkeye salutes - to Col. Potter as they leave in the final
episode (movie?).

--
					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!eric

decot@cwruecmp.UUCP (Dave Decot) (10/21/83)

Hawkeye also saluted Hot Lips so that she would return the salute.  She had
a vibrator attached to her hand that she was using to massage Frank.  He
ALSO saluted Henry Blake when he left.

Dave Decot	..!decvax!cwruecmp!decot

twt@uicsl.UUCP (10/24/83)

#R:inuxd:-36800:uicsl:12200021:000:176
uicsl!twt    Oct 23 19:03:00 1983

that Hawkeye saluted mockingly in the (award winning) movie "Yankee Doodle
Doctor".

					Mary

burton@inuxe.UUCP (10/24/83)

RE: Hawkeye salutes

Everyone is forgetting the episode in which Marcia Straussman (Kotter's
wife in "Welcome Back Kotter"), played a nurse who was going to be
transferred because Hot Lips was jealous of all the attention she
was getting, and Trapper boxed the Army Champion which somehow allowed
her to stay. Anyway, when Trapper and Hawkeye first meet the nurse,
she is running from the shower with nothing but a towel on, and she
bumps into them. As she is running away, one of them 'accidently'
hangs onto her towel, and they both salute her. Anyone else remember
this episode?

Doug Burton
inuxe!burton
ATT-CP IN

ricks@tekcad.UUCP (10/25/83)

#R:inuxd:-36800:tekcad:11500013:000:585
tekcad!franka    Oct 24 08:56:00 1983

	Actually, the only thing that Hawkeye did twice in the series was
to perform a piece of unnecessary surgery. He and Trapper performed an ap-
pendectomy on Frank Burns sometime in the second season and in the next to
last season, Hawkeye and BJ had a very heated discussion on whether or not
to remove a certain colonel's appendix to keep him off the line. Hawkeye did
the surgery himself, as BJ would not help him.

               				From the truly menacing,
   /- -\       				but usually underestimated,
    <->        				Frank Adrian
               				(tektronix!tekcad!franka)

wefa508@inuxd.UUCP (10/26/83)

Date: Wed, 26-Oct-83 06:56:49 EDT

Date: Wed, 26-Oct-83 06:56:49 MDT

eve

I mentioned this before, is a salute of sincerity; this is very rare of
the character Hawkeye Pierce.  I do not mean the "Mocking" salutes he
offered to Margaret and Frank.
     I also emphasize the fact of Hawkeye offering the salute.  When Henry
left, Hawkeye returned a salute.

Walt Fles