[net.tv] Comments on GH

seth@hp-pcd.UUCP (Seth D. Alford) (11/07/83)

#N:hp-cvd:11600002:000:966
hp-cvd!seth    Nov  5 15:41:00 1983

Well, since net.tv.soap has not been created yet, I am going to
submit this here.

My wife wants to talk about the current plot of GH.  It is
departing from reality at an exponential rate.  Having finished
denying the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics to allow the Prometheus
disk to work, they are now trying to violate the 1st law of being
a bad guy: never turn on your compatriates are they will kill
you.  How is Grant Putnam going to lead a normal life if he gets
out of prison?  I bet that he becomes a leading citizen of Port
Charles, despite Steve Hardy's bad-mouthing of him.  Somehow or
other, when Luke was caught up with the mafia, they managed to
have him not killed off then.  I don't know how they got away
with it, but I think that they are trying to pull a fast one
again with Grant.  This is the dumbest soap on the tube.

Well, what else is there to do on a rainy Saturday in Oregon
but read the net?

--Seth Alford (typing for his wife Rose)
hp-pcd!seth

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (11/09/83)

You are correct in saying that Grant, like Luke, will probably wind up a
very important man in Port Charles.  It was that aspect of Luke (bad guy
turned into hero) that made everyone fall in love with him three years
ago.

The last GH plot wasn't too outlandish, in my opinion.  At least it
wasn't as badd as David Gray or the Ice Princess.  Where the show is
going, one can only speculate -- I'm sure that Laura's return (Friday,
in case anyone doesn't know) will have some far-reaching effects (just
like Laura's disappearance did).

I always thought she'd come back -- that's why Luke lost Holly to
Scorpio and Connie went away.

--greg  (decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!gds, gds%mit-eddie@mit-mc)

twt@uicsl.UUCP (11/11/83)

#R:hp-cvd:11600002:uicsl:12200026:000:867
uicsl!twt    Nov 10 20:33:00 1983

First, the most likely reason Laura is coming has nothing to do with Holly or
 Connie but with $$$.$$.

Second, GH is not the dumbest soap on the tubes.  Though I don't watch it
on a regular basis, on occassion I will catch a few minutes of The Edge
of Night.  The current plot line goes something like this (and remember
I don't have all the details).  Bad guy comes to Monticello.  Builds an
attractive new office building with low rents, but with cameras and mikes
hidden behind plaques in every office and spys on every tenant.  Bad guy
also sets up cable company which sends subliminal(sp) messages to all
tv watchers, had mikes in black boxes and (maybe) cameras.  Sends messages
about how current administration is doing awful things and somehow gets to
mayor, most of police department and all BUT about 10 people in town.

Now THAT'S INCREDIBLE.

					Mary

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (11/12/83)

When I said that Laura's coming back had to do with Connie's leaving and
Robrt's marrying Holly, I meant that having the two women inaccessible
to Luke made it possible for Laura to come back as his wife, and not as
a wronged lover (like Scotty was).  I am certain that it is $$$ that are
the actual motivation for Genie Francis' reappearance, and not love of
Tony Geary, GH or ABC, for that matter.

BTW, anybody watch today?  She was supposed to come back, but she
didn't.  I guess they used the other script.  Anyone know (or care to
speculate) why she didn't come back and when she will return, if ever?

Yours until the uucp net freezes over,

--greg (decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!gds)

ksh@cbosgd.UUCP (Karen Summers-Horton) (11/13/83)

From what I hear, Laura is coming back soon, for a period of 3 weeks.
This gives GH writers an "out" for Tony Geary if he doesn't renew
his contract.  I was a little skeptical of Laura showing up last
Friday, mainly because when something big is about to happen on a
soap, they build it up for WEEKS.  They just started mentioning
Laura about a week ago, and the suspense just wasn't there.

twt@uicsl.UUCP (11/14/83)

#R:hp-cvd:11600002:uicsl:12200027:000:524
uicsl!twt    Nov 13 15:57:00 1983

As to why Laura didn't come back the 11th.  Nothing against ABC news, but I
think that Grenada put off GH a day, so I believe the reappearance should
be on Monday.  Someone or other stated that Laura could be coming back because
Geary's contract is suppose to be up next month, and they could easily write
him off with Francis  (Luke and Laura ride off into the sunset, and they don't
die so they can always come back).  Ever notice how few dead bodies are actually
found???

					Mary

Just another vote for net.tv.soaps

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (11/15/83)

But they have been building it up for weeks!  It's just been obscured by
Grant & Celia's story.  Wonder why Leslie's gambling so much -- she
misses Laura!  And Luke was married at the Mayor's mansion -- the tie-in
with Laura came in the last couple of days when people started to ask
him who his wife would be.

I wonder if it'll really be 3 weeks for Laura, or whether or not she'll
stay as a regular.

--greg

(decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!gds)

wombat@uicsl.UUCP (11/19/83)

#R:hp-cvd:11600002:uicsl:12200030:000:356
uicsl!wombat    Nov 18 20:59:00 1983

As someone who hasn't seen GH for a few years, what ever happened to
Scotty? What's the current status of Rick and Leslie? Isn't it about
time Augusta McLeod got out of jail? (Though with the Taylors gone
it wouldn't be as much fun.)
				"well, it came on before OLTL, which
				 came on before Dark Shadows..."
					Wombat
					ihnp4!uiucdcs!uicsl!wombat

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (11/25/83)

Laura is being followed by a Casadine's henchman who is trying to
capture her.  Evidently, she was kidnapped by one of the Casadines in
January 1982 to be his wife.  Helena Casadine allowed her escape just a
few weeks ago.  She has not contacted anyone because she is probably
afraid to involve them.  I suspect that she will eventually contact
Luke, or maybe Luke will see her from the podium of his inaugural
address.  (small spoiler)  Luke's contract is up and he was thinking of
moving on -- perhaps he and Laura will run away together.

As for Grant and Celia, an attempt was made on Grant's life Wednesday,
and yesterday a taxi punched him.  Later, he saved the taxi driver's
life -- he was in a car accident.  I think people will come around and
treat Grant better as time passes -- like most everyone else on the
show, his # of enemies will decline as he does more good deeds.

Anyone out there watch Falcon Crest, Dallas?

--greg (decvax!genrad!mit-eddie!gds)

gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (11/25/83)