[net.tv] Twilight Zone

nunes@utcsrgv.UUCP (Joe Nunes) (08/06/84)

   I believe that a few weeks ago there was a discussion as to whether Rod
Serling ever said "Submitted for your approval" in a Twilight Zone episode.
   The answer is: yes he did. Yesterday, a local station ran a 5 1/2 hour
Twilight Zone marathon, and the episode "Cavender is Coming" definitely starts
with that line. [The episode stars Carol Burnett, and involves a would-be
angel who must earn his wings by improving the lot of a person on Earth. It
is mostly a comedy, and even has a (shudder) laugh-track].

ables@ut-ngp.UUCP (King Ables) (10/01/84)

For those of you who have SHOWTIME, they're showing the TZ movie
this month, and this Thursday (Oct. 4) they're giving us a treat
before the movie runs at 7pm (Central time).  At 6:30, they're
showing "Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge" as a prologue to the
film.  This is one of those 4 or 5 shows that are not in syndication.

I have also heard from a friend that WGN (Chicago) is going to pull
out those un-syndicated shows and show them.  I haven't heard anything
about this, though, I haven't been watching TZ on WGN lately.  I assume
they'll have ads to this effect around and during TZ when they are
showing it.

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (10/03/84)

In article <994@ut-ngp.UUCP> ables@ut-ngp.UUCP (King Ables) writes:
>I have also heard from a friend that WGN (Chicago) is going to pull
>out those un-syndicated shows and show them.

The way I have heard it (from at least two sources), about four episodes
are being added to the set that are in syndication, and they will be
shown all around the country starting this month.  This set includes the
doll house episode which stars a very young Robert Duvall.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

engels@ihuxo.UUCP (SME) (10/03/84)

4 episodes of Twilight ZOne were aired last night on WGN.  The
doll house episode with Robert Duvall was amoung them.

	Sue Engels
	ihnp4!ihuxo!engels

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (10/04/84)

Of course, "Incident at Owl Creek Bridge" was, properly speaking, not
really a TZ episode at all.  The show consists of Serling appearing
at the beginning admitting that they didn't make this film, and that
they were running it due to its high quality and award winning
status.  It is the same short subject that has made the rounds through
various outlets over the years, only with the short intro by Serling
prepended in this case.

--Lauren--

marc@wlcrjs.UUCP (Marc Lavine) (10/05/84)

> The way I have heard it (from at least two sources), about four episodes
> are being added to the set that are in syndication, and they will be
> shown all around the country starting this month.  This set includes the
> doll house episode which stars a very young Robert Duvall.

On the EMMY awards show, they showed a scene from that episode, and said it
hadn't been seen on television in 20 years.  That seemed a little strange to
me, since I really thought I'd seen that one a few years ago.
--
			Marc Lavine
uucp:	...ihnp4!wlcrjs!marc

jmi@brunix.UUCP (Janet Incerpi) (10/07/84)

Most of the episodes were very good.  i sat down at midnight with the intention
of watching one or two but really enjoyed watching until 5am when they went
off the air.  i recognized a few when they came on but that didn't matter.
i wish "Twilight Zone: The Movie" had just grab a few of these episodes!!