[net.tv] What's worth watching

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (10/22/84)

After several weeks of the new season, I've come up with the list of shows I
consider enjoyable enough to watch:

	St. Elsewhere
	The Cosby Show
	Cheers
	Hill Street Blues
	Mystery! (specifically the new "Rumpole" episodes)
	and repeats of Bullwinkle...

I'm still not decided on Saturday Night Live or Murder, She Wrote... we'll
see.  And I have no excuse whatever for watching Airwolf (whooosh! whooosh!
bang-bang-bang!).

As for news, I listen to NPR....

				Any opposing views may simply go to hell.

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

victorf@houca.UUCP (10/24/84)

I would make one addition to your 'worth watching' list; Family Ties. This
has been one of my favorites for three years now.
	Scott Thompson

From: Scott Thompson
Who is at: ihnp4!hoqam!rst
Who boasts: 1)Total fluency in English. 2) Prehensile hands.

gregbo@houxm.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (10/25/84)

Cagney and Lacey is worth watching this year.  They have kept the plot/dialogue
up to last year's par.

Paper Dolls is ok, I guess.

I'll agree with The Cosby Show, Family Ties, St. Elsewhere, and add Knots
Landing.

I haven't decided on V (I'm biased, because I liked the series).

Dallas is still up to par.  Falcon Crest has lost a few too many actors.  I
find myself not caring that Richard got shot, or if Maggie's adopted.  I'm
witholding final judgement on this show until this Friday to see if they still
have plots to stimulate my interest.

Punky Brewster is funny!  Why isn't it doing well in the ratings?  (Maybe it's
on too early.)  There's not another thing on on the weekend worth watching.
--
			Baby tie your hair back in a long white bow ...
			Meet me in the field, behind the dynamo ...

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo

ewf@ihuxa.UUCP (gene foster) (10/25/84)

I think the following are worth watching.

     Call To Glory
     Monday Night Football
     60 Minutes
     20/20
     Night Court
gene foster

wetcw@pyuxa.UUCP (T C Wheeler) (10/26/84)

Just to add one more to the list, I have been found
watching a new one called 'It's Your Move'.  It is
a barrel of laughs.  It concerns a 15 year old con-artist,
his neighbor, a 30ish year old con-artist and kids in
general.  The boy is played by the kid who used to be on
that Ricky Schroder show.  There are some great lines
and funny twists to the story line.  Catch it once and
see if you like it.  You may not agree, but everyone has
different tastes and mine runs to good comedy, well done.

Three cheers for Cosbey, Cheers, St. Elsewhere, Hill Street
Blues, Family Ties, and the PBS series on the Brain.
T. C. Wheeler

schmidt@reed.UUCP (Alan Schmidt) (10/31/84)

> I think the following are worth watching.
>
>      Call To Glory
>      Monday Night Football
>      60 Minutes
>      20/20
>      Night Court
> gene foster

     What about _H_i_l_l _S_t_r_e_e_t _B_l_u_e_s and _S_t. _E_l_s_e_w_h_e_r_e?

                                        Alan
                                        ..tektronix!reed!schmidt