[net.tv] V - Escape from the Planet of the Space Lizards

laj@wnuxb.UUCP (JOHNSON) (11/05/84)

It seems clear that those actors who wish to save their show business
careers have exerted pressure upon the production staff to have their
characters written out of the series.  Martin has died in a fool-hardy
attack upon the lizard-queen, Diana.  Robin's father bought the farm
in a kami-kaze assault upon the Visitor's Death Star.  The star-child,
Elizabeth, gets my personal award for ingenuity.  Using her amazing
powers, she has undergone metamorphosis and forced this new bimbo into
the role.

What happened to the warbled voices of the Visitors ?  Perhaps it was
just laryngitis.

Now that the Visitors have been around for a few years, why do they
still bother to masquerade as humans ?  Do they think they're fooling
anyone ?

I predict that in the final episode the lizards will be driven off the
planet when Commander Adama and the Battlestar Ponderosa arrive after
escaping the Cylon tyranny.  But not before the return of the Jupiter II
and Dr. Smith's attempt to join forces with the Visitors.

						Larry Johnson
						Western ElectricAT&T TechnologiesInformation Systems
						ihnp4!wnuxb!laj

ted@usceast.UUCP (Ted Nolan) (11/14/84)

In article <310@wnuxb.UUCP> laj@wnuxb.UUCP (JOHNSON) writes:

>I predict that in the final episode the lizards will be driven off the
>planet when Commander Adama and the Battlestar Ponderosa arrive after
>escaping the Cylon tyranny.  But not before the return of the Jupiter II
>and Dr. Smith's attempt to join forces with the Visitors.
>
>						Larry Johnson
>						Western ElectricAT&T TechnologiesInformation Systems
>						ihnp4!wnuxb!laj

No,

Remember, Dr. Smith was only evil and effective during the first season, which
is long past. Instead he would be duped (easily) by Diana into serving the
visitor cause, but his bumbling would doom it to failure (even sooner than
Diana's -- how many chances does she get?).  Just as he would be about to
be executed by the disgruntled visitors, Will and the robot (TV's best
sf character) would bail him out (DANGER,DANGER).  Finally, even after
being in earth orbit for the whole show the Jupiter would manage to get
lost again.  For the required dose of tragedy and sacriface, maybe Diana
could eat the Bloop.

			Ted Nolan	..usceast!ted

But where do Admiral Nelson, Captain Crane and the Seaview fit into all this --
surely they wouldn't be idle through a crisis like this ...
Ted Nolan                               ...decvax!mcnc!ncsu!ncrcae!usceast!ted
6536 Brookside Circle                   ...akgua!usceast!ted
Columbia, SC 29206
      ("Deep space is my dwelling place, the stars my destination")

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (11/16/84)

Yes, I could picture Dr. Smith on a large platter with an apple in his
mouth, with Diana scraping knifes together (re: any Warner Brothers Looney
Tune cartoon with B. Bunny in a pot).

DS (voice obscured by apple):  "My *dear* commander!"

Actually, I'd like to know where S.H.A.D.O. was during all of this...

"This is S.I.D., Space Intruder Detector.  We in big trouble now."

                                "But I'd rather eat Johnson!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA