[net.tv] Mastercard Commercial

mcal@ihuxb.UUCP (Mike Clifford) (12/04/84)

The latest series of Mastercard commercials have tv and movie stars
imploring Mastercard to help them (eg, Lorretta Swit:  "Mastercard, I'm
hungry!") and them they roll a set of flashy footage to soothe the actor/
actress.  My question:  The Mastercard ad with Pierce Brosnan (Remington
Steele) (he asks, "Mastercard, I want to do nothing!") has a terrific female
(I think it's a female) vocalist singing a jazzy, scat version of the
Mastercard theme (...so worthy, so welcome, Mastercard International..).
It's the highlight of the commercial and the singer's voice sends chills
up my spine!  Does anyone know who the singer is?

						Mike Clifford
						ihuxb!mcal

trb@masscomp.UUCP (Andy Tannenbaum) (12/07/84)

In article <895@ihuxb.UUCP> mcal@ihuxb.UUCP (Mike Clifford) writes:

> The Mastercard ad with Pierce Brosnan (Remington Steele) (he asks,
> "Mastercard, I want to do nothing!") has a terrific female (I think
> it's a female) vocalist singing a jazzy, scat version of the Mastercard
> theme (...so worthy, so welcome, Mastercard International..).  It's the
> highlight of the commercial and the singer's voice sends chills up my
> spine!  Does anyone know who the singer is?

(Warning, my opinion follows.)
Oh my.  The major redeeming value these ads have is that they provide
me with comic relief.  (I do think that Scatwoman has a good voice, but
what a waste.) I find the whole notion of graceless morons waving their
Mastercards International, complaining that they're bored, offensively
humorous.  "Tonight the ballet, tomorrow, Broadway."  "I bought my
baubles in Bimini, I bought my SCUBA in Aruba."  "Schlitz Light."  How
terribly impressive.

Sometimes, when I'm bored, walking down the street,
go into Mastercard International mode.  What a riot.

	(all together now, with feeling and reverence)
	Mastercawawaaa Interwawawawawawaaa

	Andy Tannenbaum   Masscomp Inc  Westford MA   (617) 692-6200 x274

Maybe they could get the Circle Jerks to do a Mastercard ad.  Just think
of the air time they'd save.

ronin@reed.UUCP (Colon) (12/07/84)

Never mind whos singing, WHOS paying for the bill...
				"Don't leave home without what?"
				Miguel Colon (cologne)
				Reed College Box 1177
				!reed !ronin

barry@ames.UUCP (Kenn Barry) (12/08/84)

> The latest series of Mastercard commercials have tv and movie stars
> imploring Mastercard to help them (eg, Lorretta Swit:  "Mastercard, I'm
> hungry!") and them they roll a set of flashy footage to soothe the actor/
> actress.  My question:  The Mastercard ad with Pierce Brosnan (Remington
> Steele) (he asks, "Mastercard, I want to do nothing!") has a terrific female
> (I think it's a female) vocalist singing a jazzy, scat version of the
> Mastercard theme (...so worthy, so welcome, Mastercard International..).
> It's the highlight of the commercial and the singer's voice sends chills
> up my spine!  Does anyone know who the singer is?
>

> 						Mike Clifford
> 						ihuxb!mcal

	It's Sarah Vaughn.

						Marvin P Vern