[net.tv] -)

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (09/28/84)

Last week Richard Basehart (sp?), who for years played Admiral Nelson on
"Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", died.

This week Walter Pidgeon, who played the Admiral (Nelson?) in the theatrical
movie "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", died.

Is this a coincidence, or what?

Is David Hedeson(sp?) next?

Irwin Allen? (we can only hope...)

    "WATCH OUT, Comrade!  He's bearing ARMS, as is his constitutional right!"
							  "Eat TEFLON, Ivan!"
						  "Retreat!  Back to Moscow!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (09/28/84)

>Who can name what each button on Speed's steering wheel did? Gotta match
>the letter with the function too. Ha! I have you now! (in deep Vader-like voice)

Well, let's see... The psuedo-Knight Rider Turbo Jump was "J" -- or was it
T?  And H for the robot homing pigeon.  And A for the button which cut the
air off to the trunk and asphyxiated Spridle and Chim-Chim (never got to see
that one work, unfortunately...).  I can't remember which one opened the dry
bar....

                                "Just remember, he knows more than you do!"
                                "I have a Master's Degree!"
                                "In SCIENCE!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (11/02/84)

Boy, talk about keeping viewers in agony!  I spent 15 terror-filled minutes
trying to figure out if the MTM kitten had been crushed by 350 pounds of
human sludge (don't tell me you didn't recognize that kitty without it's
cap?).

Also, has anyone noticed that Joyce is a sympathetic character for the first
time in 5 years?  Maybe she's taking Dale Carnegie lessons...

			"This friendly reminder is also offered in Braille..."

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (The Napoleon of Crime) (11/21/84)

< Two men, about to enter... The Twilight Zone >

Yes, Dan (Grizzley Adams) Haggerty and Richard Pryor.  Two men who could
hardly be more different (Editor's note: see, one's big and white, and the
others thin and black), but linked by an amazing set of coincidences.
Normally, I'd leave this type of comparison to The Enquirer, People, Joe-Bob
or Hans Holzer, but sometimes we need a more scientific look.

For the last 4 years, some remarkable events have happened to both these
celebritys, events which were extremely unpleasant for all involved.  Both
had various hair on their bodies ignite (Griz... err, Dan's beard, and
Richard's head (Editor's note: Since the people on E.T. call the subjects of
their reports by their first name, so will we.  So there!)).  Both have been
linked to the sale of harmful narcotics (Editor's question: is cocaine a
narcotic?  I believe it has another, more accurate fancy-pants scientific
buzzword label).  Both have been saddled with ponderous, God-awful
children's programs.  Yes, it would seem that both these men have had there
share of knocks, being kicked around in show business transactions, and have
ended up with little more than their personal dignity, a greater insight
into the nature of man (and, in Dan's case, bears), and about 100,000
smackeroos in Swiss Bank accounts.  Not something I'd want happening to me,
no sir.

And who's to blame?  The business, which tolerates actor's vices in exchange
of a performance?  We, the public, who yawn at their excesses with nothing
other than a sigh and a Sears commercial?

Nope.  It's their problem.  Take them to the cellar, Hans... (Editor's note:
Not Hans Holzer).

                                "It's not MY GODDAMN PLANET, Monkey Boy!"

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (12/12/84)

In article <1261@dciem.UUCP> jeff@dciem.UUCP (Jeff Richardson) writes:
>St. Elsewhere's Dr. Mark Craig is probably my favourite character on all
>of television, but I've noticed he's been making very few appearances on
>the show lately.  Does anybody know whether this is just a coincidence or
>whether they have deliberately and/or permanently given him a much smaller
>role?
>--
>Jeff Richardson, DCIEM, Toronto  (416) 635-2073

Probably all his time is spent underneath the hood of the Knight 2000 (or
whatever...)

						Blessed Me,