[net.tv] Anyone know about a new SF TV show?

dxa@bentley.UUCP (DR Anolick) (12/21/84)

Seen in yesterdays paper:

	Now that Stacy Keach apparently is out of reach for the
	next nine months, CBS has announced that his "Mike Hammer"
	series will be replaced beginning Jan. 26 with "Other-
	world," a new sci-fi offering.

	"Otherworld" stars Sam Groom and Gretchen Corbett.  It
	will be put into the schedule at 8 p.m. Saturdays, with
	"Airwolf" moving to the 9 p.m. start and "Cover Up
	remaining at 10 p.m.

Does anyone know anything about this new sci-fi series?  Are we finally
going to get some good science fiction, or will this be the usual dreck?
And who are Sam Groom and Gretchen Corbett?  I can't place those names
at all.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.  Here's hoping for a
quality series.

					_________________________________
		Droyan			|	"Willie, how DID you get
		..ihnp4!bentley!dxa	|	into the Visitor's army,
					|   	anyway?"
		David Roy Anolick	|
		^     ^^^ ^^		|	"I was drafted."

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (12/22/84)

If memory serves me correctly, "Otherworld" was so bad that even the
networks didn't see fit to put it into the primary schedule.  Since
"Hammer" was a very popular show, they decided to fill the gap with
something the kiddies would be sure to like--mindless TV SF.

--Lauren--

emjej@uokvax.UUCP (12/27/84)

/***** uokvax:net.tv / bentley!dxa /  6:49 pm  Dec 21, 1984 */
And who are Sam Groom and Gretchen Corbett?  I can't place those names
at all.
/* ---------- */

Dunno about Gretchen Corbett, but wasn't Sam Groom the star of *Police
Surgeon* (which I think was either Canadian or ITC)?

					James Jones

gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (12/28/84)

Talking about shows that dump in the night -
Note what show is coming back after being pulled
before its first episode, STREETHAWK.

Must be barf.  Can't wait to find out.

mom@sftri.UUCP (Mark Modig) (12/29/84)

> /***** uokvax:net.tv / bentley!dxa /  6:49 pm  Dec 21, 1984 */
> And who are Sam Groom and Gretchen Corbett?  I can't place those names
> at all.
> /* ---------- */

Gretchen Corbett has shown up here and there on several TV shows;
she also had a more or less regular supporting role on "The Rockford
Files" as an attorney friend of Jim Rockford (James Garner).

Mark Modig
ihnp4!sftri!mom

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (12/31/84)

In article <230@olivee.UUCP> gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) writes:

>Talking about shows that dump in the night -
>Note what show is coming back after being pulled
>before its first episode, STREETHAWK.
>
>Must be barf.  Can't wait to find out.

From the summaries, it sounds like mysterious ex-policeman runs around on
heavily computerized (with *HOLLYWOOD* brand software) very fast
jet-propelled....

	motorcycle.

Just let me at him.  I want to see what button he presses when I throw Quaker
State's finest Winter-Summer formula under his wheels.  I imagine it is the
"Call Hospital Quick" toggle...

	"Speed, I'm afraid Spridle and Chim-Chim asphyxiated in your trunk."

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

allynh@ucbvax.ARPA (Allyn Hardyck) (12/31/84)

I believe Gretchen Corbett was the one who played Jim Rockford's female
lawyer Beth Davenport on "The Rockford Files".
--
			   "And now here is a reminder about fallout warnings."

							Allyn Hardyck
							..!ucbvax!allynh
							allynh@ucbvax.ARPA

zarth@drutx.UUCP (CovartDL) (01/02/85)

Gretchen Corbett, if I remember correctly, played Beth Davenport on the
Rockford Files. She was the lawyer that was always springing Jim from the
slammer and bringing him cases. She and Jim were *friends*.

                               Zarth Arn
			       drutx!zarth