[net.tv] Danger Mouse

dvw@hopd3.UUCP (D. V. Wilkerson) (07/09/84)

I've just discovered a great new cartoon on the Nickleodeon channel:

		"Danger Mouse"!!!!!!

Apparently it is a British import.  Extremely droll.  Danger Mouse is greater
than 007 and is always called on to save the world from Baron Greenback
(a frog, but then you guessed that, didn't you?).  He has a companion, a mole (?)
named Pinfold, who is not the brightest fellow in the world, however I
suspect that he is the comic relief.  Since they replaced "The Benny Hill
Show" on channel 9 at 7:30 with "Vegas", Danger Mouse is an excellent
replacement.  Be warned:  I think that it is one of those shows that you
will either really love or think is really stupid (my mom couldn't see the
point of Dr. Who until she watched a few episodes.  Now she won't even
move from the TV when it's on.) sooooo, no harsh flames, please.

BTW, does anyone know the significance of the name "Pinfold"?  Thanks.

Diane Wilkerson
..!hopd3!dvw

"I'm only doing this because I'm allergic to sudden death." -- Danger Mouse

rlr@pyuxn.UUCP (Rich Rosen) (07/10/84)

Saw DM for the first time this Saturday.  Superb.  NICK has got to be
the greatest channel out there, what with their infrequent concerts by
often unexpected groups (English Beat), and the pinnacle of TV comedy/variety
"You Can't Do That on Television" (a pre-teen/teen combination of the most
inane parts of Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In with Monty Python's Flying Circus).
Electronic babysitter, my ass!  Any other (adult or otherwise) NICK fans out
there?

(...and what about "Standby: Lights, Camera, Action"?  Although this and a few
other shows often loop through repeats, S:LCA often shows some good clips about
how movies are made.)
--
WHAT IS YOUR NAME?			Rich Rosen
WHAT IS YOUR NET ADDRESS?		pyuxn!rlr

carlton@genrad.UUCP (Carl Hommel) (09/07/84)

Nickelodeon (the cable channel for kids) is showing a cartoon action/adventure
show called DangerMouse at 4:30 and 7:30 (EDT).  It features
	"the world's greatest secret agent, DangerMouse, with
	 the world's worst assistant, Penfeld."

In your typical Flynt, James Bond, or Maxwell Smart style, each day he
takes two 15 minute episodes to foil the plans of that nefarious frog,
Baron Greenback, using a liberal dose of bad puns and tongue-in-cheek jabs
at English manners, or movie stereotypes.

My question is:  are there any merchandising tie-ins?  The show comes
from England, but I haven't seen anything in stores here.  It seems a natural
for DangerMouse tee-shirts, toy cars, dolls, comic books, etc. etc ad naseaum.
(My wife wants a DangerMouse, and I would wear a tee-shirt, too)

			Carl Hommel
Wife:  I can't come to the phone, dear; DangerMouse is on!
Husband:  Grrrr....

dwl10@amdahl.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (01/07/85)

Subject: Danger Mouse
Newsgroups: net.tv

Has anyone heard of or seen the cartoon Danger Mouse? It is on
Warner's "kid's" channel Nickelodian on cable.
I saw about half of one the other evening, and it is definately
a different sort of cartoon. The characters all have British accents,
so I assume that it originates from the UK.

As far as I can tell, Danger Mouse is a super mouse of sorts, that
rescues the world from all sorts of dangers. He has a bumbling
sidekick, that somehow manages to come up with a resolution to the
current problem, but of course, only Danger Mouse recognizes it.

Does anyone know about this cartoon. I plan to tape a few more episodes
to see if there are any credits.
                               Dave Lowrey

"GORT...Klatu borada niktow"

                                   ...!{nsc,sun,hplabs,ihnp4}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]