[net.tv] Any "V" fans out there.......?

alexl@tekred.UUCP (Alexander R. Lopez) (01/01/85)

How do you like the way the plot with the "star child" is going?

From the miniseries I thought that it would be a hack, but so
far they've kept it toned down. I hope they keep her powers
undefined for awhile. The episode dealing with the clone
seemed short but better that then carrying it on and on......

       Now we know the real origins of System V and Dec V.....

					joan (alex's wife)

fetrow@entropy.UUCP (David Fetrow) (01/03/85)

[at the latenight, science fiction, picture show]
 The way I see it the question isn't if the fans exist, the question is
will they admit it? I guess it's better than SPACE:1999 (and I watched that
too).

 -Dave Fetrow
Archaic Computers Users Group
{microsoft,fluke,tektroniks}!uw-beaver!entropy!fetrow

gregbo@houxm.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (01/04/85)

> From: alexl@tekred.UUCP (Alexander R. Lopez)

> How do you like the way the plot with the "star child" is going?

Not bad.  As long as they keep off her powers, and stick to the triangle ro-
mance between herself, her mother and Kyle I think it's ok.

> From the miniseries I thought that it would be a hack, but so
> far they've kept it toned down. I hope they keep her powers
> undefined for awhile. The episode dealing with the clone
> seemed short but better that then carrying it on and on......

So do I.

I was wondering, given that the show doesn't really have high ratings, but does
not have awful ratings either, do you think they'll go for more than one sea-
son?  At first I doubted it but now I think they'll last two seasons.  Maybe
the show will take off like Hill Street did.
--
			Baby tie your hair back in a long white bow ...
			Meet me in the field, behind the dynamo ...

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo

sean@ukma.UUCP (Sean Casey) (01/07/85)

Isn't it amazing how many BAD programs you will watch when you're young?
I practically grew up on Space 1999 (had to - I had seen every Star Trek
about 12 times, knew the lines better than the actors).

annab@azure.UUCP (Anna Beaver) (01/07/85)

	My 14 yr old son and his friend are working an a game for the commador
64. It should be interesting to see what they come up with.

 A Beaver@Tektronix

kevin@voder.UUCP (The Last Bugfighter) (01/07/85)

   No.

--
Kevin Thompson   {ucbvax,ihnp4!nsc}!voder!kevin

"It's sort of a threat, you see.  I've never been very good at them
  myself but I'm told they can be very effective."

adolph@ssc-vax.UUCP (Mark Adolph) (01/09/85)

*** YOUR MESSAGE ***

> Isn't it amazing how many BAD programs you will watch when you're young?
> I practically grew up on Space 1999 (had to - I had seen every Star Trek
> about 12 times, knew the lines better than the actors).

Dare I admit that I grew up on Lost in Space and Land of the Giants?  No,
better not...

					-- Mark A.
					...uw-beaver!ssc-vax!adolph

	"Danger, danger, Will Robinson!  Brain rot approaching!"

techpub@mhuxt.UUCP (mcgrew) (01/12/85)

> *** YOUR MESSAGE ***
>
> Dare I admit that I grew up on Lost in Space and Land of the Giants?  No,
> better not...
>
> 					-- Mark A.
> 					...uw-beaver!ssc-vax!adolph
>
> 	"Danger, danger, Will Robinson!  Brain rot approaching!"

It's a good thing *you* admitted to growing up watching
those shows...

now *I'll* only have to admit to growing up with The Beaver!

(I *really* liked Land of Giants...at the time, of course.)

Hey, any COMBAT fans out there? I watched every episode (Tuesdays at
7:30pm)...I don't even mind admitting it!

    "Gus?"

    "Yes, Beaver?"

    "How come mom says I have to change my underware everyday?"

    "Well, Beaver, when I was your age....."

                                     Melanie Accomando
                                     ihnp4!mhuxt!techpub

serge@rna.UUCP (01/18/85)

While I am not a particularly big fan of "V", my girlfriend
has a pen pal who is really into it. If you want to write
to her via US sNail let me know and I'll ask her if I can give
you her address.