[net.tv] YADR

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (01/15/85)

Yes, after watching two episodes of this, I am prepared to say to the
faitful: THE WAIT IS OVER.  A FUNNY, WELL-WRITTEN ANIMATED CARTOON IS ON THE
AIR.  AND THE ANIMATION IS BEAUTIFUL!  (Even Bullwinkle didn't have good
animation...)

1) The writing is simply hysterical... I have enough quotes from the last
two shows to keep me going for months worth of signiture lines.  The
in-jokes are also excellent (in a time-travelling story, DM returns to the
future... only to be replaced in the past with a police callbox...).  Not
boring, and sometimes up to (dare I say it?) Monty Python standards (the
last episode closed with Henry the Eighth reading from Shakespeare...).

2)  Very fresh animation, somewhat in the style of parts of ALLEGRO NON
TROPPO and YELLOW SUBMARINE (mixing animation with tinted photographs for
settings).  But the motion (especially of DM's car) is some of the smoothest
I've ever seen, and what is doubly remarkable, is that the same smooth
motion is in three dimensions!  Three-dimensional movement is so common
that you don't notice it at first.  But then one remembers the standard
crapola found on Saturday morning (sans some of the Japanese piecemeal
stuff), you realize just how nice it is.

I think I can safely say that this is the finest English-speaking
(non-dubbed) animated program that I have seen since Bullwinkle.  Hope they
keep producing it.  Well worth the extra $6 for Nickelodeon...

				"I'm not SURE that that makes sense, DM."
					  "Well, it is a CARTOON, sir..."

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) (01/24/85)

OK, so it's good.  I'm convinced.  Is anyone archiving DM?

Gee, the only really good cartoons I get anymore are playing
at Bulwinkle's restaurant.
--

	Ron Christian  (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix}!wjvax!ron

disc@homxb.UUCP (S.BERRY) (01/28/85)

Newsgroups: net.tv,net.comics
Subject: Re: YADR (Yet Another Dangermouse Raving)

Hear! Hear! Dangermouse has arrived!