[net.tv] The Starlost

pdbain@wateng.UUCP (Peter Bain) (01/31/85)

In article <1127@pyuxa.UUCP> wetcw@pyuxa.UUCP (T C Wheeler) writes:
>Question!!!  Does anyone remember a short lived show on tv that
>featured a group of young people who were stranded on a HUGE, I
>mean HUGE!!! spaceship that was supposedly going someplace to
>colonize another galaxy?  The ships control section had been wiped
>out by a meteor or somesuch.  There were huge pods attached to the ship
>with each one containing a different ethnic or social group representing
>the different cultures of earth.

As the subject line suggests, it was "The Starlost". It was Canadian,
probably  out of Toronto, from the people in it. It was noticebly cheap,
but it had its moments. It starred Keir Dullea (from 20[01]*), Robin Ward,
and a woman whose name I forget. Bill Osler was the "talking man file"
on the terminals ("Can I be of ... assistance?). Among the people in the
different episodes were John Colicos and, in another one, his son
Nick (I think it was that one). A couple of other episodes featured
the actor who played Chekov in Startrek.
It ran for about 2 years, then shuffled
off to syndication.
(incidentally, we never found out what "the accident" was - the binding
to the plot was their search for the backup bridge to get the ship
back on course).
--
   - peter bain
...!{allegra|decvax|clyde|ihnp4 }!watmath!wateng!pdbain