[net.tv] cartoon trivia help needed!!!

acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP (Chris Kracik) (01/30/85)

   i do not know if this is the right news group, but i figured i give it
a try anyway. here goes..

   about 10 or so years ago, there was a cartoon that spoofed the super-
hero cartoons of that time.  there were 5 'super-heros' that had
'normal' occupations, but quite bizzare super hero qualities.  i can only
remember 4 of the 5 characters. they are :

  1 - diaperman (a baby)
  2 - coocooman (worked in a clock shop)
  3 - ropeman (a sailor)
  4 - tornadoman (don't know his occupation)

  my questions are :  what was the fifth persons name (i remember he was
a large guy, i think he worked in a body shop), and what was the name
of the show?

  thanx for any help you can give me!

                                          chris kracik

kmo@ptsfa.UUCP (Ken Olsen) (01/31/85)

>    i do not know if this is the right news group, but i figured i give it
> a try anyway. here goes..
>
>    about 10 or so years ago, there was a cartoon that spoofed the super-
> hero cartoons of that time.  there were 5 'super-heros' that had
> 'normal' occupations, but quite bizzare super hero qualities.  i can only
> remember 4 of the 5 characters. they are :
>
>   1 - diaperman (a baby)
>   2 - coocooman (worked in a clock shop)
>   3 - ropeman (a sailor)
>   4 - tornadoman (don't know his occupation)
>
>   my questions are :  what was the fifth persons name (i remember he was
> a large guy, i think he worked in a body shop), and what was the name
> of the show?
>
>   thanx for any help you can give me!
>
>                                           chris kracik

The fifth member was Strongman (he was an auto mechanic).
I believe the name of the show was "The Mighty Heroes".

Ken Olsen
{ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,decwrl,amd70,fortune,zehntel}!dual!ptsfa!kmo

meister@faron.UUCP (Philip W. Servita) (01/31/85)

In article <> acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP (Chris Kracik) writes:
>   i do not know if this is the right news group, but i figured i give it
>a try anyway. here goes..
>
>   about 10 or so years ago, there was a cartoon that spoofed the super-
>hero cartoons of that time.  there were 5 'super-heros' that had
>'normal' occupations, but quite bizzare super hero qualities.  i can only
>remember 4 of the 5 characters. they are :
>
>  1 - diaperman (a baby)
>  2 - coocooman (worked in a clock shop)
>  3 - ropeman (a sailor)
>  4 - tornadoman (don't know his occupation)
>
>  my questions are :  what was the fifth persons name (i remember he was
>a large guy, i think he worked in a body shop), and what was the name
>of the show?
>
>  thanx for any help you can give me!
>
>                                          chris kracik

     the name of the show was "The Mighty Heroes", and (DAMN) i cant remember
the fifth guy either. (are you sure there were 5?) now that you have got
me up all night thinking about this one...

                                          thanks.
                                              -the venn buddhist

--

lynng@mako.UUCP (Lynn Gurske) (02/01/85)

In article <1078@sunybcs.UUCP> acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP (Chris Kracik) writes:

>   i do not know if this is the right news group, but i figured i give it
>a try anyway. here goes..
>
>   about 10 or so years ago, there was a cartoon that spoofed the super-
>hero cartoons of that time.  there were 5 'super-heros' that had
>'normal' occupations, but quite bizzare super hero qualities.  i can only
>remember 4 of the 5 characters. they are :
>
>  1 - diaperman (a baby)
>  2 - coocooman (worked in a clock shop)
>  3 - ropeman (a sailor)
>  4 - tornadoman (don't know his occupation)
>
>  my questions are :  what was the fifth persons name (i remember he was
>a large guy, i think he worked in a body shop), and what was the name
>of the show?
>
>  thanx for any help you can give me!
>
>                                          chris kracik

I believe that his name was strongman and he worked in a gas station.

The occupation of tornadoman was weatherman.

Be watching you in the comics.

LEG  Lynn Gurske.

cromwell@pur-ee.UUCP (Cromwell) (02/01/85)

Wasn't Tornadoman a weatherman in real life?

				Bob Cromwell

jrb@wdl1.UUCP (02/01/85)

I don't remember the name of the fifth character, but I believe that the name
of the show was _Amazing Heros_ and that it was directed by Ralph Bakshi
(_Heavy Traffic_, _Fritz the Cat_, _Wizards_, _The Lord of the Rings_).

				John R Blaker
				UUCP:	...!fortune!wdl1!jrb
				ARPA:	jrb@FORD-WDL1
				and	blaker@FORD-WDL2

weiss@gondor.UUCP (Michael Weiss) (02/05/85)

>    about 10 or so years ago, there was a cartoon that spoofed the super-
> hero cartoons of that time.  there were 5 'super-heros' that had
> 'normal' occupations, but quite bizzare super hero qualities.  i can only
> remember 4 of the 5 characters. they are :
>
>   1 - diaperman (a baby)
>   2 - coocooman (worked in a clock shop)
>   3 - ropeman (a sailor)
>   4 - tornadoman (don't know his occupation)
>
>   my questions are :  what was the fifth persons name (i remember he was
> a large guy, i think he worked in a body shop), and what was the name
> of the show?

*** REPLACE THIS tv WITH YOUR penguin! ***

Tornadoman worked on Wall Street.  They show him reading a ticker tape
in a high rise office.  It is Kookooman, not coocooman.
The fifth member was Strongman, who was an auto mechanic (though
he tossed a car aside at the start of every program, ouch!).

The group was called:  The Super Heroes!!!!!  Yay!!!!!!!1

(Sorry, if this is a repeat posting.)

--
-Michael  "on the Twilight Node"  Weiss            ...!psuvax1!gondor!weiss

     - The opinions expressed herein are those of my superiors,
       and are not necessarily shared by myself.

tozz@nmtvax.UUCP (02/11/85)

In article <> meister@faron.UUCP (Philip W. Servita) writes:
>In article <> acsccjk@sunybcs.UUCP (Chris Kracik) writes:
>>   i do not know if this is the right news group, but i figured i give it
>>a try anyway. here goes..
>>
>>   about 10 or so years ago, there was a cartoon that spoofed the super-
>>hero cartoons of that time.  there were 5 'super-heros' that had
>>'normal' occupations, but quite bizzare super hero qualities.  i can only
>>remember 4 of the 5 characters. they are :
>>
>>  1 - diaperman (a baby)
>>  2 - coocooman (worked in a clock shop)
>>  3 - ropeman (a sailor)
>>  4 - tornadoman (don't know his occupation)
>>
>>  my questions are :  what was the fifth persons name (i remember he was
>>a large guy, i think he worked in a body shop), and what was the name
>>of the show?
>>
>>  thanx for any help you can give me!
>>
>>                                          chris kracik
>
>     the name of the show was "The Mighty Heroes", and (DAMN) i cant remember
>the fifth guy either. (are you sure there were 5?) now that you have got
>me up all night thinking about this one...
>
>                                          thanks.
>                                              -the venn buddhist
>

>--
	I think there were more than just 5. I seem to remember a guy with magnetic
gloves and another guy who rode around on a guitar (remeber this is sat. moring
cartoons).

	Another superhero show of that era was "The Impossibles" which consisted
of three guys who were duisguised as a rock band but when trouble arose turned
into
	1) a guy who could turn into water
	2) a guy who was made out of springs
	3)
	I can't remember what the third guy was. ANYBODY REMEMBER ?

		tozz@nmt-vax

kmo@ptsfa.UUCP (Ken Olsen) (02/15/85)

>	Another superhero show of that era was "The Impossibles" which consisted
>of three guys who were duisguised as a rock band but when trouble arose turned
>into
>	1) a guy who could turn into water
>	2) a guy who was made out of springs
>	3)
>	I can't remember what the third guy was. ANYBODY REMEMBER ?
>
>		tozz@nmt-vax

The Impossibles were a rock group who, when called by their boss, changed
into invincible crime fighters.  The third guy could duplicate himself
infinitely (like spreading an infinite deck of cards out on an
infinite table).  This allowed him to get over high walls, get on top of
tall buildings, etc.
	Their names were something like Fluid Man, Spring Man, and
Multiple Man.  They were usually in the middle of a gig when called.

schmidt@reed.UUCP (Alan Schmidt) (02/16/85)

> 	Another superhero show of that era was "The Impossibles" which consisted
> of three guys who were duisguised as a rock band but when trouble arose turned
> into
> 	1) a guy who could turn into water
> 	2) a guy who was made out of springs
> 	3)
> 	I can't remember what the third guy was. ANYBODY REMEMBER ?
>
> 		tozz@nmt-vax

Yes!  Fluid Man could turn into water
      Coil Man was made out of springs
      Multi Man could make an infinite number of copies of himself.
         (As long as the original was all right, everything was groovy.

They pretended to be a rock band, but at the sound of trouble, they
turned into who they *REALLY* are.  Coily played the drums, Fluey played
the electric guitar, and Multi played the bass.

Rally Ho!!

Alan
..tektronix!reed!schmidt

aar@homxa.UUCP (A.RAPPE) (02/18/85)

It was a guy(the Impossibles)who could reproduce numerous images of
himself(i guess)..as far as the name....repro-man????

                               tom