[net.tv] Request for even MORE cartoon trivia

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (02/20/85)

In article <553@pyuxd.UUCP> marc@pyuxd.UUCP (M Schare) writes:
>And speaking of cartoon super heroes, remember
>

>1) Super President -> The Chief Executive who could turn himself into
>   any object, granite, diamond or whatever.

You're kidding!  There was actually a series like this?  What year?

I just start giggling everytime I think of LBJ turning into granite...

>4) Or EIGHT MAN. This was a robot who could run fAST and look like anyone
>   he wanted to. In disguise, he was TOBOR (aint that clever). The theme
>   went something like:
>
>   There's a pre-historic monstor, it came fom outer space
>   Created by the martians to destroy the human race.
>   The FBI is help-less - it's twenty stories tall
>   What can we do, who can we call ??????

This I remember -- one of my favorites at age 9 or 10.  I particularly liked
his ability to cover his metal surface with "plasta-skin" or whatever, in a
matter of seconds.  Beats phone booths all out...

If anybody could remember the complete lyrics... then all I can say is,
they're got one heck of a memory.  However, please post them.  Also, does
anybody remember if Eighth (not Eight) Man's creator was a criminal (who was
always trying to capture him again) or one of those saintly old scientists
who always appear in Japanese animated series.  I remember SOME recurring
villain throughout the show's history...

      "I want to buy a husband who, every week when I sit down to watch "St.
       Elsewhere", won't scream, "FORGET IT, BLANCHE... IT'S TIME FOR 'HEE
       HAW'!!" "

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA