[net.tv] More cartoon trivia

marc@pyuxd.UUCP (M Schare) (02/19/85)

And speaking of cartoon super heroes, remember

1) Super President -> The Chief Executive who could turn himself into
   any object, granite, diamond or whatever.

2) And in the same hour -> SPY SHADOW. This was about a guy who went to
   India, or someplace like that, and learned mystical secrets, such that
   when he was in trouble, he could say  "SPY SHADOW - COME FORTH!!" and
   his shadow would come alive.

3) Or SAMPSON. SAMPSON was a guy who could clamp these bands on his wrists
   together, and get tremendous power. His meager dog, GOLIATH could
   then get GOLIATH POWER. Kind of like HE-MAN.

4) Or EIGHT MAN. This was a robot who could run fAST and look like anyone
   he wanted to. In disguise, he was TOBOR (aint that clever). The theme
   went something like:

   There's a pre-historic monstor, it came fom outer space
   Created by the martians to destroy the human race.
   The FBI is help-less - it's twenty stories tall
   What can we do, who can we call ??????

--
Don't Worry- Tommorows *GOT* to be better.
                                                Marc Schare  (pyuxd!marc)

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (02/20/85)

Actually it was "Eighth Man," not "Eight Man."  His name was Tobar
(not too original) and he was a robot who had a transplanted human
brain.  Actually, it was a fascinating series.  The theme went
like this:

There's a prehistoric monster,
Who came from outer space.
Created by the martians to destroy the human race.

The FBI is helpless.
He's twenty stories tall!
What can we do who can we call?

Call TOBAR... the EIGHTH man.

Call TOBAR... the EIGHTH man.

Faster than a rocket.
Swifter than a jet.
He's the mighty robot.
He's the one to get.

Call TOBAR... the EIGHTH man.
Quick call TOBAR the mightiest robot of them all.

--Lauren--

P.S.  Then there was always GIGANTOR...

--LW--

mary@bunkerb.UUCP (Mary Shurtleff) (02/20/85)

> Actually it was "Eighth Man," not "Eight Man."  His name was Tobar
> (not too original) and he was a robot who had a transplanted human
> brain.
Actually, his name was "Tobor", which was backwards for "robot", 'cause
that's what he was.  I don't think he had a transplanted brain, merely
a very advanced computerized one.  He also had, if you will recall, a
"subsidiary" brain in one of his arms.  He could remove the arm and it
could act semi-independently (which got him out of many a scrape). BTW,
he was called Eighth Man because he was eighth in the series of advanced
robots created by the brilliant Professor Genius, and the only one that
was anywhere near successful.

Also, let us not forget the other marvelous characters, the unrequited
Jenny Heartsweet (Tobor's secretary) and the policeman, Inspector Bumble-
thumbs.

Good stuff!

marsh@enmasse.UUCP (Marshall Glassner) (02/20/85)

In article <567@vortex.UUCP> lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) writes:
>Actually it was "Eighth Man," not "Eight Man."  His name was Tobar
>(not too original) and he was a robot who had a transplanted human
>brain.  ....

Actually, the character's name was TOBOR.  Get it?  ROBOT spelled
backwards.  Ha, Ha.

aar@homxa.UUCP (A.RAPPE) (02/21/85)

Some more triv.......
1. What was the name of GIGANTOR's kid friend..

2. What were the names of "speed racer's" little brother and monkey...

all I can think of now.........

                                                  Tom

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (02/22/85)

Tobar was a typo.  I know it's Tobor - I even have an old Eighth Man
poster around here somewhere.  And the theme on tape.  He definitely
had a human brain though -- I saw the episode where the transplant
was flashbacked...

--Lauren--

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (02/22/85)

>From: lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein)
>
>P.S.  Then there was always GIGANTOR...
>
>--LW--

Oooh, My turn. (I actually remember this one)...

Gigantor, the Space-Age robot
  Is at you command.
Gigantor, the Space-Age robot
  His power is in your Hand.

Bigger than big,
  Stronger than strong,
Bigger than big,
  Stronger than strong.
Daring to fight for right-
  Against wrong.

GIGANTOR, GIGANTOR, Gi-gan-an-an-tor.... (fade out)

What do the rest of you think, are we ready for a Gigantor revival? Hmm...
how about the first net-wide letter writing campaign.? :-)

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764