[net.tv] Eighth Man

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (02/23/85)

In article <437@bunkerb.UUCP> mary@bunkerb.UUCP (Mary Shurtleff) writes:
>BTW,
>he was called Eighth Man because he was eighth in the series of advanced
>robots created by the brilliant Professor Genius, and the only one that
>was anywhere near successful.

Yes, no subtlety here in the naming conventions.  However, who was the evil
professor (with a cane?  This is all on the outer boundaries of my
memory...) who was always after Tobor?

>Also, let us not forget the other marvelous characters, the unrequited
>Jenny Heartsweet (Tobor's secretary)

I seem to remember a "last issue" where Jenny found out Tobor was a robot
(oh well, there goes the average 2 1/2-kid suburban family, Jenny).  I seem
to remember some type of happy resolution, but again, I need help from
somebody with a better memory.

	      "Scotty, I need Warp Drive in three minutes or we're all dead!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA