[net.tv] St. Elsewhere and Shirley the Practical Joker

marno@ihuxm.UUCP (Marilyn Ashley) (02/28/85)

For all us St. Elsewhere fans out here in whats-a-neilson-rating land,
how about a round of applause for Ellen Bry, who plays insane nurse
Shirley Daniels on S.E.?  For an actress who is aware that her days on
the show are numbered, she is giving one hell of a performance.  I hope
those jerks at NBC who are making these cast changes are eating theIr
words about ratings; the show is still at it's greatest when it's centered
around one of the original cast members.

Does anyone know what's happened to the actors/actresses who have been
removed from the show?  I'm hoping to see Peter White or Wendy Armstrong
pop up elsewhere.  Excuse the pun.

M. Ashley
ihnp4!ihuxm!marno

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (03/03/85)

In article <1254@ihuxm.UUCP> marno@ihuxm.UUCP (Marilyn Ashley) writes:

>For an actress who is aware that her days on
>the show are numbered, she is giving one hell of a performance.  I hope
>those jerks at NBC who are making these cast changes are eating theIr
>words about ratings; the show is still at it's greatest when it's centered
>around one of the original cast members.

Yes, these Twilight Zone St. Elsewhere's are really strange... and GOOD
(remember the dream sequence with Peter in the morgue... AFTER he was dead?)?
However, NBC had nothing to do with Bry (or anyone else, to my knowledge)
leaving the show.  The writers and producers of St. Elsewhere just decided
to cut the list of regulars down, to concentrate on others.  I find it
particularly intresting, because on this show, it's fully possible that a
major character may completely change character, or leave, or die, with
little warning (rather like life).  Or come back to haunt you in your
dreams...

>Does anyone know what's happened to the actors/actresses who have been
>removed from the show?  I'm hoping to see Peter White or Wendy Armstrong
>pop up elsewhere.  Excuse the pun.
>
>M. Ashley
>ihnp4!ihuxm!marno

Strangely enough, I've been seeing actors from ST. ELSEWHERE, HILL STREET
and V being swapped around like crazy.  The fellow who played Norman Bates
on V was a shrink on HSB a week or two back, Terrance Knox, who played Peter
White, was on V, and I keep hearing that Carla from CHEERS is going to have
her baby at St. Eligius.  The latter rumor, to be truly all-encompassing,
should begin with Carla being given a police escort to the hospital by Hill
& Renko.  And the kid should be half-human, half-lizard (which Carla will
say is perfectly normal for her brood...).

      "I want to buy a husband who, every week when I sit down to watch "St.
       Elsewhere", won't scream, "FORGET IT, BLANCHE... IT'S TIME FOR 'HEE
       HAW'!!" "
					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

eric@osiris.UUCP (Eric Bergan) (03/07/85)

> I keep hearing that Carla from CHEERS is going to have
> her baby at St. Eligius.  The latter rumor, to be truly all-encompassing,
> should begin with Carla being given a police escort to the hospital by Hill
> & Renko.  And the kid should be half-human, half-lizard (which Carla will
> say is perfectly normal for her brood...).

	Actually, the latest is that Coach's death will be handled in a
St. Elsewhere cross-over.

--

					eric
					...!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!osiris!eric