[net.tv] Mighty Orbots

jts@cornell.UUCP (03/12/85)

From: jts (Jim Sasaki)

> I'd like to second the recommendation of The Mighty Orbots TV show -
> there's a clear dedication to detail and imagination in purely depictive
> and 3d effects (solid perspective and dynamic, convincing motion) ....
>     Ken Manheimer		...!seismo!nbs-amrf!manheimer

I definitely agree.  Thanks to whoever it was on the net who mentioned the
animation too.

One point about Rod's "omnisuit" -- for those of you who haven't seen the
show, as he runs to his ship, he presses a button inside his jacket, there's
a sparkling and flashing effect, and his clothing changes as he runs.  Rod
wears glasses when he's not commanding the Orbots, so part of the trans-
formation must be that his omnisuit takes off his glasses and inserts his
contact lenses for him, while he's running.  Think we could get ABC to show
it to us in their super slo-mo? (:-)

    Jim Sasaki (jts@cornell.{ARPA,UUCP},
                    ...!{ihnp4|decvax|vax135|...}!cornell!jts)