[net.tv] cartoon memories...

kwo@reed.UUCP (Debbie P Kwo) (03/04/85)

On the subject of old cartoons, does anyone remember JOHNNY QUEST?
If I remember correctly, it was about a boy ,Johnny, his Indian friend
(name unknown), and his dog.  They go romping around Africa, India
etc.  with Johnny's dad and get into alot of trouble....
Well, something like that....  Can anyone fill me in on the memory gaps?
Thanks.

kwo
tektronix!reed!kwo

schmidt@reed.UUCP (Alan Schmidt) (03/04/85)

> On the subject of old cartoons, does anyone remember JOHNNY QUEST?
> If I remember correctly, it was about a boy ,Johnny, his Indian friend
> (name unknown), and his dog.  They go romping around Africa, India
> etc.  with Johnny's dad and get into alot of trouble....
> Well, something like that....  Can anyone fill me in on the memory gaps?
> Thanks.

Johnny's friend's name was Hadji.  Don't forget Roger "Race" Bannett,
who was Dr. Quest's friend, and very good with a sub-machine gun.  They
were always popping around some the so-called "exotic" parts of the
world.  It was high intregue, kind of like 007, with science fiction
like devices.

Alan
..tektronix!reed!schmidt

zarth@drutx.UUCP (CovartDL) (03/06/85)

The dogs name was Bandit in the Johnny Quest show

				Zarth Arn

kiessig@idi.UUCP (Rick Kiessig) (03/06/85)

One of my favorite oldies was "Tobor" - about a man who is
rebuilt as a robot ("tobor" spelled backwards) and can move
faster that light (or something like that).  Sort of
the 6 Million Dollar Boob carried into cartoon land.  Can anyone
fill in any gaps here?  I can't remember having seen the
show for 15 years or more.

Rick
--
Rick Kiessig
{decvax, ucbvax}!sun!idi!kiessig

mcal@ihuxb.UUCP (Mike Clifford) (03/07/85)

> > On the subject of old cartoons, does anyone remember JOHNNY QUEST?
> > If I remember correctly, it was about a boy ,Johnny, his Indian friend
> > (name unknown), and his dog.  They go romping around Africa, India
> > etc.  with Johnny's dad and get into alot of trouble....
> > Well, something like that....  Can anyone fill me in on the memory gaps?
> > Thanks.
>
> Johnny's friend's name was Hadji.  Don't forget Roger "Race" Bannett,
> who was Dr. Quest's friend, and very good with a sub-machine gun.  They
> were always popping around some the so-called "exotic" parts of the
> world.  It was high intregue, kind of like 007, with science fiction
> like devices.
>
> Alan
> ..tektronix!reed!schmidt

	"Race" Bannen or Bannon was the last name of Dr. Quest's friend and
	helped out the boys in their studies and self-defense lessons, as well
	as being a top-notch pilot, crack shot, boat racer...

				Mike Clifford

bnapl@burdvax.UUCP (Tom Albrecht) (03/15/85)

In article <reed.1044> schmidt@reed.UUCP (Alan Schmidt) writes:
>Johnny's friend's name was Hadji.  Don't forget Roger "Race" Bannett,

That's Race BANNON.

--
Tom Albrecht 		Burroughs Corp.
			...{presby|psuvax1|sdcrdcf}!burdvax!bnapl