[net.tv] Location of the Village

iannucci@sjuvax.UUCP (iannucci) (03/12/85)

>	Someone suggested (Iannucci) that the villiage might be in Lithuania
>as anywhere. To this I point out that #6 drives the truck to London in the
>last episode. (presuming that they didn't take a ferry) This places him
>on the same Island as London.

                   Thanks so much for spoiling yet another aspect of The
Prisoner for me.  I think I'm going to stop reading this group until the
series has finished here in Philly.  Isn't it the convention to mark
articles like this one "SPOILER"?
--
Dave Iannucci
St. Joseph's University, Philaldelphia

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (03/13/85)

While spoiler warnings are a good idea for "recent" material, I find
it difficult to promote the concept of labeling items as spoilers
when they refer to 10-15 year old TV shows!

--Lauren--

iannucci@sjuvax.UUCP (iannucci) (03/17/85)

\\   From:   David J. Iannucci (iannucci@sjuvax.UUCP)

>While spoiler warnings are a good idea for "recent" material, I find
>it difficult to promote the concept of labeling items as spoilers
>when they refer to 10-15 year old TV shows!
>
>--Lauren--

                 Fifteen years old or not, it is clear from the discussions
of parties in this group that said parties are currently watching these shows
for the first time, and that the series isn't ended yet!

Speaking of ended, my understanding is that the series will in fact end this
week (3/18).  When this has occurred, if no one else is watching it somewhere
else, we can discuss it in full.  Just in case, I'm still going to label
my spoiler articles as such.
--
Dave Iannucci
St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia

gordon@cae780.UUCP (Brian Gordon) (03/19/85)

In article <959@sjuvax.UUCP> iannucci@sjuvax.UUCP (iannucci) writes:
>\\   From:   David J. Iannucci (iannucci@sjuvax.UUCP)
>
>>While spoiler warnings are a good idea for "recent" material, I find
>>it difficult to promote the concept of labeling items as spoilers
>>when they refer to 10-15 year old TV shows!
>
>                 Fifteen years old or not, it is clear from the discussions
>of parties in this group that said parties are currently watching these shows
>for the first time, and that the series isn't ended yet!
>
>Speaking of ended, my understanding is that the series will in fact end this
>week (3/18).  When this has occurred, if no one else is watching it somewhere
>else, we can discuss it in full.  Just in case, I'm still going to label
>my spoiler articles as such.

Hold on, PLEASE.  In the SF Bay area, episode #3 just aired!  They have
apparently been reformatted to use during fundraising for PBS stations, so it
will probably be shown for most of the next year at various places around the
USA.

FROM:   Brian G. Gordon, CAE Systems
UUCP:   {ihnp4, decvax!decwrl}!amd!cae780!gordon
        {nsc, resonex, qubix, hplabs, leadsv, teklds}!cae780!gordon
USNAIL: 1333 Bordeaux Drive, Sunnyvale, CA  94089
AT&T:   (408)745-1440