[net.tv] Roger Ramjet

waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) (03/26/85)

Speaking of old space cartoons, anyone remember this one?

                     -- Walt

jcjeff@ihlpg.UUCP (jeffreys) (03/27/85)

> Speaking of old space cartoons, anyone remember this one?
>
>                      -- Walt

Roger Ramjet was shown on one of the Saturday morning kids shows in England.
I cannot remember whether it was on "Swap Shop" (BBC) or Tiswas [short for
"This Is Saturday, Watch And Smile"] (ITV).

I seem to recall that Roger Ramjet was *an all around nice guy* type of
person, who was some kind of space pilot that kept goofing up at every thing
he tried to do.

Am I close ????

--
          [ You called all the way from America - Joan Armatrading ]
 [ You're never alone with a rubber duck - Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy ]

fleep@reed.UUCP (Philip Ljubicich) (03/28/85)

In article <5202@tekecs.UUCP> waltt@tekecs.UUCP (Walt Tucker) writes:
>Speaking of old space cartoons, anyone remember this one?
>
>                     -- Walt

Yes in fact I do, I saw it just reciently on KPDX, an independent
station here in Portland, Oregon.

Does anyone else out there remember the theme song?

From beyond the land of reason,

fleep

(Philip Ljubicich)

lauren@vortex.UUCP (Lauren Weinstein) (03/30/85)

I'll take a stab at it:

Roger Ramjet,
He's our hero,
Fighter for our nation.
For his adventures,
Just be sure,
To stay tuned to this station.

By the way, Roger and his crew (the "American Eagles"?) were
based in Lompoc, California.

--Lauren--

stratton@brl-tgr.ARPA (Sue Stratton ) (04/01/85)

> I'll take a stab at it:
>
> Roger Ramjet,
> He's our hero,
> Fighter for our nation.
> For his adventures,
> Just be sure,
> To stay tuned to this station.
>
> By the way, Roger and his crew (the "American Eagles"?) were
> based in Lompoc, California.
>
> --Lauren--

I was going to guess:   Roger Ramjet and his Eagles
                        Fighting for our free-dom..............

for the first two lines (incidentally, the theme was to the tune of
"Yankee Doodle"), but your "stay tuned" line DOES sound familiar...

And who remembers the villain "Noodles Romanoff"?  Wasn't he from this
cartoon?

Karen Wilson   <kwilson@amsaa.ARPA>

bynum@isosvax.UUCP (Hugh Bynum) (04/02/85)

I just watched RR this morning before coming to work, and the theme is
something like this, to the tune of Yankee Doodle...

    Roger Ramjet and his Eagles
    Fighting for our nation
    Fly through wind and outer space
    Not to join 'em but to beat 'em!

    (chorus)
    Roger Ramjet, he's our man
    Hero of our nation,
    For his adventures just be sure
    And stay tuned to this station.

    When Ramjet takes a proton pill
    The crooks begin to worry
    They can't escape their awful fate
    From proton's mighty fury!

    (chorus again)

BTW, Roger Ramjet is alive and well working here at Intel in Phoenix.

broehl@wateng.UUCP (Bernie Roehl) (04/07/85)

<bug line>

Yes, "Noddles Romanoff" was indeed from Roger Ramjet.
A notable villainess from the series was the evil Jaqueline Hyde; many
of the other major characters had equally punny names.

Now, for those who pay *close* attention, who did the voice of Roger Ramjet,
and what major prime-time series of 60's-70's did he serve as announcer for?

--
        -Bernie Roehl    (University of Waterloo)
	...decvax!watmath!wateng!broehl