[net.tv] Roger Ramjet at Intel

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (04/09/85)

In article <210@isosvax.UUCP> bynum@isosvax.UUCP (Hugh Bynum) writes:
>BTW, Roger Ramjet is alive and well working here at Intel in Phoenix.

That's nothing!  We've got Popeye the Sailor Man working here at Fluke!  He
empties the trash cans at night, and seems to be on the janitorial staff.
Didn't recognize him until one of the hardware engineers kidded him a bit
too hard; all of a sudden, he gulps down a can of spinach, this funny music
starts playing, and, well, I didn't think I've ever seen a soldering iron
used in quite that way...

            "And that was the end of Grogan, the man who killed my father,
	     raped and murdered my sister, burned my ranch, shot my dog, and
	     stole my Bible!"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

jans@mako.UUCP (Jan Steinman) (04/10/85)

In article <510@vax2.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>In article <210@isosvax.UUCP> bynum@isosvax.UUCP (Hugh Bynum) writes:
>>BTW, Roger Ramjet is alive and well working here at Intel in Phoenix.
>
>That's nothing!  We've got Popeye the Sailor Man working here at Fluke!

When I was a FE for E-Systems, we had two other FE's named Joe Lewis and
Ronald McDonald.  A co-contractor (Univac) had an FE named Dick Tracy.  It
happened that the three of them came to the same overseas site on the same
day.  The site leader, who was known for his practical jokes, introduced the
trio to the Air Force colonel who ran the site.  Shaking his head and smiling,
the colonel said as he left the room, "Glad to meet you, I'm Popeye the
Sailor Man!"

Believe It... Or Not...
--
:::::: Jan Steinman		Box 1000, MS 61-161	(w)503/685-2843 ::::::
:::::: tektronix!tekecs!jans	Wilsonville, OR 97070	(h)503/657-7703 ::::::