[net.tv] Jetsons and Flintstones revived!

gregbo@houxm.UUCP (Greg Skinner) (04/19/85)

I heard on WPLJ this morning that there are two projects going on with the Jetsons
and the Flintstones this year, which happens to be their 20th and 25th anniversar-
ies, respectively.

The Jetsons will be coming out of syndication.  They are creating 41 new episodes.
There will be a new character, Blinky(?), who has the power to change his color when-
ever his mood changes.  Blinky(??) will be discovered by Elroy one day.

There will be a Flintstones exhibit in the Museum of Natural History in the same area
as the dinosaur exhibit.

Now for some trivia.  Again, on WPLJ, the DJ said that he remembered that in the first
season of the Flintstones, the theme song was not the same as "Flintstones, meet the
Flintstones".  I was wondering if anyone knows the original theme song, and if they
could mail the lyrics to me.  I'll post them after getting enough replies.

Yabba-dabba-doo!
--
			... hey, we've gotta get out of this place,
    			    there's got to be something better than this ...

Greg Skinner (gregbo)
{allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo
gregbo%houxm.uucp@harvard.arpa

paul@umich.UUCP (Paul Killey) (04/20/85)

Does anybody know if Fred and Wilma were married in real
life?

tankus@hsi.UUCP (Ed Tankus) (04/22/85)

> I heard on WPLJ this morning that there are two projects going on with the Jetsons
> and the Flintstones this year, which happens to be their 20th and 25th anniversar-
> ies, respectively.
>
> The Jetsons will be coming out of syndication.  They are creating 41 new episodes.
>

> Greg Skinner (gregbo)
> {allegra,cbosgd,ihnp4}!houxm!gregbo
> gregbo%houxm.uucp@harvard.arpa

If the animation is as good as the animation on the new Bugs Bunny/Road Runner
cartoons then I and I'm certain many others will not bother to see these new
episodes.

--

    "   For every word there is a song upon which inspiration lies ..."

    Ed Tankus
    Net  :  {noao!ihnp4!yale!}!hsi!tankus
    Snail:  Health Systems Int'l, 100 Broadway, New Haven, CT 06511

urban@spp2.UUCP (Mike Urban) (04/26/85)

In article <224@hsi.UUCP> tankus@hsi.UUCP (Ed Tankus) writes:

>If the animation is as good as the animation on the new Bugs Bunny/Road Runner
>cartoons then I and I'm certain many others will not bother to see these new
>episodes.

Huh?  You want good animation for the Flintstones and the Jetsons??
From Hanna-Barbara, the studio that *invented* dimestore animation???
Go watch an old Flintstones cartoon.  Pretty poor.

Mind you, Jay Ward and Bill Scott proved conclusively that brilliant
writing can triumph over cheap animation.  I don't consider "The
Flintstones" anywhere near the same class as "Bullwinkle", alas.

--

   Mike Urban
	{ucbvax|decvax}!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!urban

"You're in a maze of twisty UUCP connections, all alike"