[net.tv] Few Notes on MIAMI VICE

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (04/30/85)

Well, after watching about six episodes of Miami Vice, I've
come to the following conclusions:

        1)  It is a great program to *do* something to: ironing goes
particularly well with it.

        2)  By gosh, they sure do dress well.  I mean, I bet there's
nobody on the net who dresses this well.

        3)  The director of photography and art director are
excellent.

        4)  I've Seen These Plots Before: Tubbs falls in love with
woman he has to arrest later,  Crockett is seeing woman on the side who
is distracting him from his work.  Etc.  Raymond Burr, where is the
policeman's "Dear Abby" when you need him?

        5)  Why does Don Johnson's dialogue suddenly sound like
Malloy's on ADAM-12, on occasion?  These two will suddenly have flashes
of noble sincerity (it could be sincere nobility) that seem a bit
out-of-place to two guys who were talking street-tough just a minute
ago.

Final Analysis:  Real case of Lotta Form, Not Much Content; but still,
one of the most entertaining shows on TV today.

                                                        "OHHLYMPIAA!  Olympia!"
                "Osiris!"
                                                        "My friend!"
                "What has happened to your nose?"

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

gnome@olivee.UUCP (Gary Traveis) (05/02/85)

> Well, after watching about six episodes of Miami Vice, I've
> come to the following conclusions:
>
>         1)  It is a great program to *do* something to: ironing goes
> particularly well with it.
>
> Final Analysis:  Real case of Lotta Form, Not Much Content; but still,
> one of the most entertaining shows on TV today.

Why the analysis? It's been on NBC since the end of last year!
If you get the chance, catch the initial movie that started it
all.  Also, if you see it playing anywhere (not too likely) check
out the movie THIEF.  On a big screen, the visuals are excellent
even though the topic is depressing. Michael Mann was the driving
force behind both.

nm34@sdcc12.UUCP (nm34) (05/02/85)

In article <557@vax2.fluke.UUCP>, moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) writes:

     A couple of comments about Jeff's conclusions about Miami Vice:

       First a synopisis

> Well, after watching about six episodes of Miami Vice, I've
> come to the following conclusions:
>
>         1)
>
>         2)
>
>         3)
>
>         4)
>
>         5)
>
> Final Analysis:  Real case; but still,
> one of the most entertaining shows on TV today.

> 					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer

     How can you watch this stuff Jeff?  Lets hear it for the true open mind.
I think too much is falling in.  Maybe it is better on a big screen. I
am prepared for the rapier wit to slice.

     Now in answer to your question:

>                                                         "OHHLYMPIAA!  Olympia!"
>                 "Osiris!"
>                                                         "My friend!"