[net.tv] FIRESIGN THEATRE movie on Cable this weekend

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (05/18/85)

In article <617@vax2.fluke.UUCP>, moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) writes:
> The Firesign Theatre movie, NICK DANGER and the case of the MISSING YOLK,
> will be on this weekend (5/17 - 5/18) on the USA network.  It's playing at
> the following times (ALL PACIFIC STANDARD): 9 PM Friday the 17th; 1 AM
> Saturday the 18th; and again at 11 PM Saturday the 18th.

WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!

	This movie is available on video cassettes. Being a big fan
of Firesign Theatre ( I like everything of their's I've heard) and
their Nick Danger skit being one of my favorites, I immediately rented
the cassette.
	I was never more dissapointed in any movie (I use the term
loosely). It had very little of the charm of the original skit. Instead
of being a spoof on the 30's style detectives, (like the original script),
it became some type of satircal look at the future. It wasn't very funny,
nor very interesting. I was just bored. I didn't even watch the whole thing.
Nick Danger himself was hardly in the first half( the part I saw). My
personel opinion is that it was a waste of time and money.
	But this is just one man's opiniion, so do as you like.

rakon@aluxz.UUCP (kohler) (05/20/85)

> The Firesign Theatre movie, NICK DANGER and the case of the MISSING YOLK,

     After working hard around the house and falling asleep with the
tv on, I woke up in the wee hours to the the most bizzare movie I have ever
seen.  Maybe being half asleep contributed, but the flow of the dialoge was
like something out of a drug-affected conversation I remember in college.
It made Rocky Horror seem like Citizen Cain !

     What I want to know is whether Nik Danger was ever released as
a theater movie?  The copywrite in the closing credits is 1983.
And Michael Nesmith (Monkees) was noted as either director or producer --
does he work with Firesign often ?  Did anyone else see/enjoy the flick,
or am I just demented ?

     I remember the chicken inspector badge joke but I can't 'pullet' off
here....