[net.tv] Prof Bergman's death // Eagles by the dozen

jts@cornell.UUCP (06/13/85)

From: jts (Jim Sasaki)

> .... did they ever explain Prof. Bergman's disappearance? -- stop the Moon, I
> want to get off? .... (John Mariani, ...!ukc!icdoc!dcl-ucs!jam)

If I remember correctly, Professor Bergman supposedly had a mechanical heart and
they wrote him out by having him die when his heart failed.

> They seemed to lose at least one and usually several [Eagle space craft] every
> episode without creating any shortages ...
>        (Jerry Hollombe, {philabs,randvax,trwrb,vortex}!ttidca!ttidcc!hollombe)

No kidding!  Remember the episode where something-or-other went amuck inside the
Eagle garage?  Seemed like a good dozen of them were smashed.  My roomate and I
conjectured that they had an Eagle factory on the dark (:-) side of the moon
stamping the things out like toys.  They just never showed it to us.

  Jim Sasaki (jts@cornell.ARPA, {decvax|ihnp4|uw-beaver|vax135|...}!cornell!jts)