[net.tv] Banned episodes + SF on controlling Time

msp@ukc.UUCP (M.S.Parsons) (06/27/85)

In article <114@aplvax.UUCP> mae@aplvax.UUCP (Mary Anne Espenshade) writes:
>The original CBS late-night showing of UFO omitted the episode Timelash,
>because Commander Straker and Col. Lake were shown injecting themselves
>with stimulents to fight the aliens who had slowed time over the studio
>and stopped everyone else in SHADO headquarters.

TIMELASH: So that's the name of that episode! I saw it many years ago but I
thought it was excellent. It certainly provoked thought about Time itself.

Along the same lines, does anybody know any good SF about CONTROLLING time
(everybody elses), as opposed to time travel (controlling your local time)?

 --Mike

Mike Parsons UUCP: ..{ucl-cs|edcaad|mcvax|qtlon}!ukc!msp           msp@ukc.UUCP
             JANET:MSP%UKC%{EDXA,UCL-CS}..                         MSP@UKC.AC.UK
             Mail: Computing Lab, University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, England.