[net.tv] Diff'rent Strokes

sunil@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Sunil Trivedi) (08/23/85)

Anyone know about the planned move of Diff'rent Strokes from NBC to ABC?
How were the ratings of the show?  Does it have anything to do with Gary
Coleman's age?

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (08/24/85)

In article <2283@ut-ngp.UTEXAS> sunil@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Sunil Trivedi) writes:
>Anyone know about the planned move of Diff'rent Strokes from NBC to ABC?
>How were the ratings of the show?  Does it have anything to do with Gary
>Coleman's age?

I think the ratings were reasonable, but not top 10.  I remember hearing
about salary disputes and that Coleman was planning on leaving the show
after last season; maybe NBC wasn't willing to pay him as much as he
wanted and ABC was.

I don't know if Coleman's age was a factor, but I did read a couple of
weeks ago in TV Guide that Arnold's character will be aging several
years over this summer.  I think he will be in high school and he will
be more interested in girls.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics