[net.tv] Seatbelts on TV

kalucki@charm.UUCP (John Kalucki) (09/02/85)

From: barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin)
Subject: Re: Seatbelt use (or the lack thereof) on TV

>Amanda King, on "Scarecrow and Mrs King", always wears her seatbelt.  I
>think that the folks on "TJ Hooker", and maybe also Cagney and Lacey,
>--
>   Barry Margolin
>   ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics
>   UUCP: ..!genrad!mit-eddie!barmar

	I seem to remember that in the Police/Action type show, the policeman/woman
always wore a seatbelt, to be realistic I guess. What puzzles me is the fact that
I cannot recall any of these 'dedicated' seatbelt users actually buckling up. They
all seem to jump in and go...then when they are on the road they have the belts on...
The wonders of editing; I guess.

		-John Kalucki @ Physics Research @ Bell Labs, Murry Hill.
		...!ihnp4!charm!kalucki				^^^^^

						It's really Berkeley Hts., but me?
						complain? Nahh!

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (09/04/85)

In article <738@charm.UUCP> kalucki@charm.UUCP (John Kalucki) writes:
>	I seem to remember that in the Police/Action type show, the policeman/woman
>always wore a seatbelt, to be realistic I guess.

I was watching MacGruder & Loud tonight, and at some point when they
were just cruising along, not in a chase, I looked to see whether they
were wearing their belts.  They weren't.