[net.tv] Diff'rent Strokes moving to ABC

kalucki@charm.UUCP (John Kalucki) (08/27/85)

In article <2283@ut-ngp.UTEXAS> sunil@ut-ngp.UTEXAS (Sunil Trivedi) writes:
>Anyone know about the planned move of Diff'rent Strokes from NBC to ABC?
>How were the ratings of the show?  Does it have anything to do with Gary
>Coleman's age?

I used to be a regular reader of "Broadcasting, the Fifth Estate". One
of the writers for this magazine (which seems to be one of the bibles
of the broadcasting industry, or so my Station Manager seems to think)
said that ABC needed to pick up Diff'rent Strokes BECAUSE it constantly
got average ratings. NBC wants to drop the dead weight, ABC will do anything
for "average" ratings to help boost is sagging line up. (Does anyone
out there in net-land even watch ABC? :-> )

	John Kalucki
	...!ihnp4!charm!kalucki will get mail to me.

Disclaimer: I don't think AT&T even cares about TV, much less what
I post on the net about it... i.e. The opinions expressed above are
mine, except those borrowed from "Broadcasting".

bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) (08/30/85)

> ABC will do anything
> for "average" ratings to help boost is sagging line up. (Does anyone
> out there in net-land even watch ABC? :-> )
>
> 	John Kalucki

Ya know, now that you mentioned it, outside of an occasional (sp?)
football game I cant think of ANYTHING I watch that is on ABC!!!

evan@petfe.UUCP (Evan Marcus) (09/05/85)

In <1832@bmcg.UUCP> bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) writes:

> > ABC will do anything
> > for "average" ratings to help boost is sagging line up. (Does anyone
> > out there in net-land even watch ABC? :-> )
> >
> > 	John Kalucki
> >
> Ya know, now that you mentioned it, outside of an occasional (sp?)
> football game I cant think of ANYTHING I watch that is on ABC!!!

Add to that that apart from the brand new Hometown, I never watch CBS
either.  Just NBC (Letterman, HSB, Cosby, Cheers).

--Evan Marcus
--
{ucbvax|decvax}!vax135!petsd!petfe!evan
                         ...!pedsgd!pedsga!evan

There was a major earthquake today in the tiny African country of Togo...

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (09/05/85)

In article <1832@bmcg.UUCP>, bobn@bmcg.UUCP (Bob Nebert) writes:
> > ABC will do anything
> > for "average" ratings to help boost is sagging line up. (Does anyone
> > out there in net-land even watch ABC? :-> )
> > 	John Kalucki
> Ya know, now that you mentioned it, outside of an occasional (sp?)
> football game I cant think of ANYTHING I watch that is on ABC!!!

	I can safely say that the only thing I *EVER* watch on ABC
is a Sunday night movie. e.g. James Bond and TWOK. Other than that,
my set never see ABC.

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */