[net.tv] Coronation st ,SPITTING IMAGE.

thornton@kcl-cs.UUCP (ZNAC468) (10/08/85)

In article <281@uw-june> ewan@uw-june (Ewan Tempero) writes:

>>        Steps backward in amazement! I'm not surprised that nobody
>>        watched it. Just staggered that anyone bought it in the first
>>        place.
>
>Hmmmmm, I would much rather admit to watching Coronation St than any of
>the american soups ( I don't watch either so it's rather a moot point )
>At least this program gives the illusion of reality and tells of "real"
>people....which probably explains why noone watches it in this country
>
>	Ewan

	What does an american soup taste like? Soap?
	I wish no one would watch it in this country as well.
	I don't watch any other soap since seeing the new
  BBC effort EASTENDERS. This leaves Coronation street behind and is
  (fairly) compulsive viewing. The best American 'soap' I have seen was
  the comedy SOAP (now hastled out of production by T.M.M.).
	Surely this discussion should have been soley in net.tv .

			RUBBER  NEWS

	SPITTING IMAGE is to be shown in the U.S. but with all
  'THE PRESIDENTS BRAIN IS MISSING' sketches missing. I am a bit worried
  that most of S.I. will not be understood in America as it takes it out of
  British politicians and leading figures that are probably not internationally
  known (with the notable few exceptions). Its current news value will also be
  lagging.
	 Incidentally did anyone here about the S.I. flash frame which
  showed Noris McWerter (well, how do you spell it then?) 's head superimposed
  on the body of a naked women? He is sueing as he thinks it has given people
  a bad impression of him! Flash frames are banned by the I.B.A. as they can
  have a subliminal brainwashing effect on people. BUT you can't prove their
  existence without taping the program. This is in direct contravention of
  the copyright laws and would render anyone complaining open to prosecution
  by S.I. (And they know it). PROBLEM!
	In the later shows they introduced a good SPOCK puppet with some
  fairly good sketches.
	May they spit for many years to come.

					Andy T.

	(.."Whoops, an every day domestic accident."..)