[net.tv] Barney Rubble's Voice

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (10/24/85)

In article <1500@cae780.UUCP> alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) writes:
>I still claim that Barney had 2 voices, one of them not Mel Blanc.Yes? No?

Mel Blanc was injured in an accident a few years ago, and during his
recovery several people took over his voice characterisations. You
will find alternate voices for many of his characters if you watch
cartoons closely for those made in the late 1970's.

Yes, there were at least two Barney Rubbles.

Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgub!cylixd!dave)

(The views expressed herein are the exclusive property of Dave Kirby.
Any person, living or dead, found with the same or similar opinions
will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of law.)

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (10/25/85)

In article <413@cylixd.UUCP>, dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) writes:
> In article <1500@cae780.UUCP> alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) writes:
> >I still claim that Barney had 2 voices, one of them not Mel Blanc.Yes? No?
>
> Mel Blanc was injured in an accident a few years ago, and during his
> recovery several people took over his voice characterisations. You
> will find alternate voices for many of his characters if you watch
> cartoons closely for those made in the late 1970's.

	This has little relevance since The Flintstones was made from
about 1962 to about 1965.

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

"Goodnight M.A."