[net.tv] flinstones lyrics

yeff@Navajo.ARPA (10/22/85)

>  "let's ride with the family down the street"

"Through the courtesy of Fred's two/big feet"

don't remember which word it was...two or big

jeff not totally sure

DOUBLE BONUS:  Who did the voice of Pebbles on the original show??

Who did the voice of Great Gazoo??  (I don't remember this one, but I have
an idea...)

is this the right place for these questions?? or should I go to like
net.games.trivia??

alan@cae780.UUCP (Alan M. Steinberg) (10/23/85)

>Who did the voice of Great Gazoo??  (I don't remember this one, but I have
>an idea...)

It was Harvey Korman (Tim Conway's sidekick on the Carol Burnett Show).
I still claim that Barney had 2 voices, one of them not Mel Blanc.Yes? No?
--
					Alan Steinberg
				{ucbvax}!decwrl!amdcad!cae780!alan

Hey, Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!
Again???
Nothing up my sleeve... Presto!
Roooooaaaaarrrrrr!!
Wrong hat!
Must be something in the hat!
And now here's something we hope you'll really like!

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (10/23/85)

Sally Struthers did the voice of Pebbles and Harvey Korman did the
voice of the Great Gazoo.

rjs
courtesy of tom at csri, toronto
--

					Tom Nadas

UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsri!tom
CSNET:  tom@toronto

edward@ukecc.UUCP (Edward C. Bennett) (10/24/85)

In article <223@Navajo.ARPA>, yeff@Navajo.ARPA writes:

> DOUBLE BONUS:  Who did the voice of Pebbles on the original show??

	Jane Vanderphyl (Wilma) most likely. That way Pebbles would
sound like her mother.

> Who did the voice of Great Gazoo??  (I don't remember this one, but I have
> an idea...)

	See my Flintstones Trivia posting.

--
Edward C. Bennett

UUCP: ihnp4!cbosgd!ukma!ukecc!edward

/* A charter member of the Scooter bunch */

"Goodnight M.A."

mrc@panda.UUCP (Mike R. Connell) (10/24/85)

> DOUBLE BONUS:  Who did the voice of Pebbles on the original show??

Sally Struthers (Mrs. Meathead)

					mrc

kjm@brl-tgr.ARPA (Kelly J. Benjamin ) (10/24/85)

> I still claim that Barney had 2 voices, one of them not Mel Blanc.Yes? No?
> --

	I agree.  Barney definitely had two different voices.  One was a
deep voice that sounded pretty good and the other was a higher pitched
nasal type voice.  That higher voice just never sounded like Barney to
me.

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (10/27/85)

Barney did have two voices, but both were done by Mel Blanc.  The
original was very similar to Yogi Bear's voice.

RJS in Toronto
--

dms@ihlpg.UUCP (Spang) (11/04/85)

> > I still claim that Barney had 2 voices, one of them not Mel Blanc.Yes? No?
> > --
>
> 	I agree.  Barney definitely had two different voices.  One was a
> deep voice that sounded pretty good and the other was a higher pitched
> nasal type voice.  That higher voice just never sounded like Barney to
> me.

The Flintstones's were originally a loose take off on the Honeymooners.
If you listen to the early Barney he sounds just like Ralph Norton.  As
the show went on they kind of dropped the Honeymoonerisms and his voice
slowly got its own character.