[net.tv] sesame st and snuffleupagus

yeff@Navajo.ARPA (11/21/85)

so, I have heard a rumor that the adults on sesame street will finally
get to meet snuffleupagus on one of the upcoming shows....like really soon??

is this true? has anyone seen it?? what did the adults say??

jeff wants to know

notch@srcsip.UUCP (Michael k Notch) (11/25/85)

In article <270@Navajo.ARPA> yeff@Navajo.UUCP (Jeff Soesbe) writes:
>so, I have heard a rumor that the adults on sesame street will finally
>get to meet snuffleupagus on one of the upcoming shows....like really soon??
>
>is this true? has anyone seen it?? what did the adults say??

After the death of the older store gentleman last summer(sorry, I can't
remember his) name, The producers decided to let the children learn about
death. With this in mind, They also decided to show that adults do beleive
"stories" that children tell(aka the snuffle-upagus).

Because of this, I beleive that the adults will meet the snuffle-upagus
sooner or later.

--
    This posting is just an illusion. The person writing is not real.

    But...   What about Naomi?    Has she been found?

USENET:   ihnp4!umn-cs!srcsip!notch
--

yeff@Navajo.ARPA (12/04/85)

    Well, I got to see the snuffle-adults meeting (at 8-9am in a hotel room
in San Francisco -- don't ask) and here are my comments:

    in typical tv tradition, they held off to the very end of the show, and
snuffle managed to even escape a couple times before they managed to
get him to stay (the little monster that grabbed his trunk was really CUTE!!)
    q: (on this subject) --it always seemed like snuffle never wanted to
meet anyone..he was always "well, I had better go home and tell my mom"
why??? )

    I thought that the guest appearance by Phil Donahue was really silly
and didn't really add anything to the story...anyone know why he
was there in the first place?? (tho I did laugh when they told him "Phil,
why do you always have to have a microphone to talk??")

    I thought that the hand-drawn picture/sketch of Mr. Hooper that
was hanging behind bird's nest was a really nice touch..anyone remember
how that episode was handled?? (I missed it)

    this big bird 'growing up' is really interesting...I suppose that the
next thing is going to be bird trying grain alcohol seed??  :-)

jeff sesame