[net.tv] NICK at Night

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (12/06/85)

In article <548@cylixd.UUCP> dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) writes:
>(Not all cable subscribers get NICK after 6:00,
>but NICK actually goes til about 11:00.)

Actually, Nickelodeon runs 24 hours a day, although the 1am-6am portion
seems to be a repeat of the 8pm-1am portion.  Strange that you should
think that Nick ends at 11, since that is when Turkey Television (the
subject of the original posting) starts.  In addition to Turkey
Television (I've watched a couple of minutes of it, but didn't find it
terribly interesting), they also show an old movie and reruns of three
old TV series: Route 66, My Three Sons, and Donna Reed.  The only ones
of these I ever watch are My Three Sons, primarily because they have
episodes from early seasons, which I have never seen; these have the
older brother Mike, they don't have Ernie (not that I dislike Ernie),
Rob is young enough to still be pretty goofy (it's pretty interesting to
see him getting into the same kind of trouble Chip got into in the later
seasons), and strangest of all, William Frawley plays "Bub", who
preceded William Demarest's "Uncle Charlie".  Could someone tell me
whether Bub is Mr. Douglas' father?  I thought I heard this on one of
the episodes.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics