[net.tv] Who was The Penguin on Batman?

tino@hou2f.UUCP (A.TINO) (12/18/85)

Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

broehl@watdcsu.UUCP (Bernie Roehl) (12/18/85)

In article <597@hou2f.UUCP> tino@hou2f.UUCP (A.TINO) writes:
>Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
>Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

"The Penguin" was played by Burgess Merideth (sp?), who was also a regular
on "Search" for a season or two, and featured in four (4!) of the original
TZ episodes (as well as many, many other films and tv shows).

Grandpa on the Munsters was played by the late Al Lewis.

davis@ichaya.UUCP (Andrew J. Davis) (12/19/85)

> Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
> Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

Burgess Meredith, of Rocky I, II, and III fame, played the Penguin during the
Batman series.

The actor who portrayed Grandpa on the Munsters was Al Lewis.

					Andrew J. Davis

*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*
Digital Equipment Corporation
Internal Software Services
67 Forest Street IND Box 1016
Marlboro, Mass. 01752-9116

UUCP:  decvax!ichaya!davis
ENET:  ICHAYA::DAVIS

"Gentlemen, surely you're not going to take the word of a souless mechanical
device over that of a real flesh and blood man."  -- H. Mudd
*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*===*

youngb@pur-ee.UUCP (Bret H Young) (12/19/85)

In article <597@hou2f.UUCP> tino@hou2f.UUCP (A.TINO) writes:
>Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
>Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

Burgess Meridth (sp) played the Penguin. As for grandpa the name
Al Lewis comes to mind but someone should check this.

                                Bret

kayuucee@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (12/19/85)

> Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
> Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

	Burgess Meredith played the Penguin. No, he was not the same actor
who played on the Munsters.

						Star-Lord

They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Naturally they became heroes.

usiskin@uwvax.UUCP (Suzanne Usiskin) (12/20/85)

> Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
> Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

The Penguin was played by Burgess Meredith(Rockys manager in Rocky, and
Rocky II). No, he's not the same person as Grandpa on the Munsters (although
I don't know who that was).

wiso@ihwpt.UUCP (Jack Wisowaty) (12/20/85)

> Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
> Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

If memory serves me, it was Burgess Meredith who played 'The Penguin'.  I
forget the name of the actor on the Munsters but it wasn't the same person.

ck@ima.UUCP (12/20/85)

Burgess Meredith played The Penguin.
Al Lewis played Grandpa on the Munsters.

boucher@hsi.UUCP (Keith Boucher) (12/20/85)

> Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
> Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

Burgess Meredith played The Penguin on Batman.  Al Lewis played Grandpa on the
Munsters.  Burgess Meredith has done many other roles (Rocky and Foul Play come
to mind) but I do not know of any other roles for Al Lewis.

				Keith Boucher HSI New Haven, CT

brianu@ada-uts.UUCP (12/20/85)

>***** ada-uts:net.tv / hou2f!tino /  9:22 pm  Dec 17, 1985
>Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
>Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?
>----------
Burgess Meredith played the The Penguin. He was not Grandpa on
The Munsters.

Brian Utterback
Intermetrics Inc.
733 Concord Ave. Cambridge MA. 02138. (617) 661-1840
UUCP: {cca!ima,ihnp4}!inmet!ada-uts!brianu
LIFE: UCLA!PCS!TELOS!CRAY!I**2

morrell@hpda.UUCP (Michael Morrell) (12/20/85)

In article <597@hou2f.UUCP> tino@hou2f.UUCP (A.TINO) writes:
>Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
>Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

The Penguin was played by Burgess Meredith.
Grandpa was played by Al Lewis.

terryl@tekcrl.UUCP (12/23/85)

> Who played 'The Penguin' on the Batman series?
> Was it the same actor who played Grandpa on the Munsters?

*** REPLACE THIS LINE WITH YOUR BAT MOBILE ***

      Wasn't it Burgess Meredith(sp?), lately of "Rocky" fame???