[net.tv] Jack Palance--What old show did he play?

dgb@mgwess.UUCP (Donald Beahm) (12/07/85)

	I am looking for the name of, and any other pertinent
information about, a TV show in the '50's or possibly '60's
in which JACK PALANCE played.  As I recall it was a series,
possibly a Western.  Thanks in advance.

				Don Beahm
				AT&T-IS
				Montogmery Works
Newsgroups: net.tv

sgt@cord.UUCP (SG Trischetta) (12/11/85)

>I am looking for the name of, and any other pertinent
>information about, a TV show in the '50's or possibly '60's
>in which JACK PALANCE played.  As I recall it was a series,
possibly a Western........

   The name of the series was "Shane". That's all I know about it, except
that it was an influence in the Roger Water's album, "The Pros and Cons of
Hitchhiking" (Or should I only mention that in net.music??)

			Steve Trischetta
			AT&T Bell Labs
			Liberty Corner, NJ

stu16@whuxl.UUCP (SMITH) (12/12/85)

> >I am looking for the name of, and any other pertinent
> >information about, a TV show in the '50's or possibly '60's
> >in which JACK PALANCE played.  As I recall it was a series,
> possibly a Western........

           "Have gun Will Travel"   played Paladin.
    Late 50's-early 60's.
--
whuxl!stu16
(mamawitch)

hofbauer@utcsri.UUCP (John Hofbauer) (12/13/85)

> >I am looking for the name of, and any other pertinent
> >information about, a TV show in the '50's or possibly '60's
> >in which JACK PALANCE played.  As I recall it was a series,
> possibly a Western........
>
>    The name of the series was "Shane". That's all I know about it, except

Palance appeared in Shane: The Movie in 1953. I'm not aware of Shane
ever having been turned into a TV Series, with or without Palance.
Palance did appear in a TV series called "The Greatest Show On Earth"
about, naturally, the circus in 1963-64.

nunes@utai.UUCP (Joe Nunes) (12/13/85)

> > >I am looking for the name of, and any other pertinent
> > >information about, a TV show in the '50's or possibly '60's
> > >in which JACK PALANCE played.  As I recall it was a series,
> > possibly a Western........
> >
> >    The name of the series was "Shane". That's all I know about it, except
>
> Palance appeared in Shane: The Movie in 1953. I'm not aware of Shane
> ever having been turned into a TV Series, with or without Palance.
> Palance did appear in a TV series called "The Greatest Show On Earth"
> about, naturally, the circus in 1963-64.

Wasn't the series "Paladin"(sp?)? Although I never saw it, I seem to recall
reading that Jack Palance was the star of this series, which dealt with
a bounty hunter whose slogan was: "Have gun, will travel".
P.S: I'm not certain of any of this

dgb@mgwess.UUCP (Donald Beahm) (12/15/85)

Thanks for the answer to my question.  "The Greatest Show on
Earth" rings a bell now that I hear it.  Several people thought
of Paladin-"Have Gun Will Travel" was the right man for the job.
Thanks too all who replyed, it takes many minds to come up with
answer for one simple question.

By the way I have confirmed that Jack Palance was in the movie
"Shane" with Alan Ladd.

I was wrong about the Western show series.

				Again thanks to all and
				Seasons Greetings to ALL,

				Don Beahm AT&T-IS

hofbauer@utcsri.UUCP (John Hofbauer) (12/15/85)

> > >I am looking for the name of, and any other pertinent
> > >information about, a TV show in the '50's or possibly '60's
> > >in which JACK PALANCE played.  As I recall it was a series,
> > possibly a Western........
>

>            "Have gun Will Travel"   played Paladin.
>     Late 50's-early 60's.

No. No. No. That show starred RICHARD BOONE!

kayuucee@cvl.UUCP (Kenneth W. Crist Jr.) (12/16/85)

>            "Have gun Will Travel"   played Paladin.
>     Late 50's-early 60's.
> --
> whuxl!stu16
> (mamawitch)

	Afraid not. Richard Boone was PALADIN.

						Star-Lord

They were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Naturally they became heroes.

dday@gymble.UUCP (Dennis Doubleday) (12/16/85)

In article <875@whuxl.UUCP> stu16@whuxl.UUCP (SMITH) writes:
>> >I am looking for the name of, and any other pertinent
>> >information about, a TV show in the '50's or possibly '60's
>> >in which JACK PALANCE played.  As I recall it was a series,
>> possibly a Western........
>

>           "Have gun Will Travel"   played Paladin.
>    Late 50's-early 60's.
>--
That wasn't Jack Palance, it was Richard Boone!
--

UUCP:	seismo!umcp-cs!dday                      Dennis Doubleday
CSNet:	dday@umcp-cs				 University of Maryland

rs55611@ihuxk.UUCP (Robert E. Schleicher) (12/16/85)

> > > possibly a Western........
> >

> >            "Have gun Will Travel"   played Paladin.
> >     Late 50's-early 60's.
>
> No. No. No. That show starred RICHARD BOONE!

It seems that a lot of people thought/think that Jack Palance was
in Have Gun Will Travel, but that even more people are sure it was
really Richard Boone.  I'm really confused, as I agree with Richard
Boone, but still seem to remember some old western (B&W) series with
Jack Palance.  Is it possible Palance had some recurring role (maybe
as a bad guy) in some old western series?   Or, did he take over
from Boone on Have Gun Will Travel for a year?

(Or, are a lot of people having some kind of mass hallucination??)

Bob Schleicher
ihuxk!rs55611

bl@hplabsb.UUCP (Bruce T. Lowerre) (12/28/85)

> > >I am looking for the name of, and any other pertinent
> > >information about, a TV show in the '50's or possibly '60's
> > >in which JACK PALANCE played.  As I recall it was a series,
> > possibly a Western........
>

>            "Have gun Will Travel"   played Paladin.
>     Late 50's-early 60's.
> --
> whuxl!stu16
> (mamawitch)

Sorry, Richard Boone play Paladin in "Have Gun, Will Travel".

cw@madvax.UUCP (Carl Weidling) (01/08/86)

> > > possibly a Western........
> > >
> > >    The name of the series was "Shane". That's all I know about it, except
> >
> > Palance appeared in Shane: The Movie in 1953. I'm not aware of Shane
> > ever having been turned into a TV Series, with or without Palance.
> > Palance did appear in a TV series called "The Greatest Show On Earth"
> > about, naturally, the circus in 1963-64.
>
> Wasn't the series "Paladin"(sp?)? Although I never saw it, I seem to recall
> reading that Jack Palance was the star of this series, which dealt with
> a bounty hunter whose slogan was: "Have gun, will travel".
> P.S: I'm not certain of any of this

	Jack Palance was in a recent series (by my standards late 70's maybe
early 80's) called "Bronk", a cop or detective show, the late Richard
Boone was in a series called "Have Gun, Will Travel" in the late late 50's and
or early 60's, this was when TV went into a western craze with "The Rebel",
"The Restless Gun" (starring John Payne), "Sugarfoot", "Cheyenne" ,
"Trackdown", "Wanted, Dead or Alive" (starring Steve McQueen),etc.
	In the movie "Shane", Palance was the bad guy's hired gun, a key
character, but he was only on the screen for a short period of time.
	I suppose this response is going to be only one among zillions.
	Regards,
	Carl Weidling