[net.tv] Info wanted on reaching NBC Staff of Remington Steele

g554438462ea@ucdavis.UUCP (0040) (01/03/86)

I have three questions.  And let's make them fast.

	1.  I am looking for a listing of all of the Remington Steele
	    episodes.  Namely the title, date it first aired, author of
	    episode, guest stars, dates it has been used as a repeat
	    and a short synopsis of the episode.  Since I doubt anyone
	    out in net land has this we drop into 2.

	2.  The address of the promotions staff, or writers group
	    for Remington Steele.  I imagine it is something like
	    NBC studios, Los Angeles blah-blah.  But certainly someone
	    has done something for them.  Lauren are you out there.

	3.  Finally I am looking for anyone who has some of the start
	    of the second season, or end of the first season on Beta
	    tape.  Or can someone tell me what the plot reason was
	    for Murphy and Miss Wolf to be written out of the script and
	    replaced my Miss Krebs??

			Thanks,
			Bill Franklin
			{dual,hplabs,decvax,ihnp4}!ucbvax!ucdavis!franklin

jeff@hpcnoe.UUCP (01/05/86)

>	3.  Finally I am looking for anyone who has some of the start
>	    of the second season, or end of the first season on Beta
>	    tape.  Or can someone tell me what the plot reason was
>	    for Murphy and Miss Wolf to be written out of the script and
>	    replaced my Miss Krebs??

You probably could catch it on the Monday Late Night Movies on CBS
coming up soon (as far as I know they are showing them in sequence).
The show to watch for is the first show of the second season.  This
is the episode where Mildred first shows up (as a IRS investigator).
They do mention the reasons Murphy and Miss Wolf left.  I don't
remember the reasons, but I do remember they were pretty lame.

-- Jeff Wu

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (01/05/86)

In article <10@ucdavis.UUCP> g554438462ea@ucdavis.UUCP (0040) writes:
>	3.  ...  Or can someone tell me what the plot reason was
>	    for Murphy and Miss Wolf to be written out of the script and
>	    replaced my Miss Krebs??

I don't think they explained the disappearance of the old regulars.
Mildred appeared in the first episode of that season as an IRA
investigator looking for the same person that Steele was chasing.  At
the end of the episode she decides that her normal work is boring and
that it would be more exciting to continue globe-trotting with the
Steele Agency.
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics

dkl@usl.UUCP (Dwayne K. Lanclos) (01/06/86)

Reference was made to Miss Wolf (Fox?) running off with a saxaphone
player while Murphy (who "always had a flair for autopsy reports")
started his own detective agency.  BTW, the last episode of the
first season had Murphy going crazy with gold fever.  It was really
bizarre.  The writers would have had a difficult time dealing with
Murphy as a professional after that escapade.

-----------
Come to the shell for answers.

dwayne
{akgua, ut-sally}!usl!dkl

moose@ames.UUCP (Mary Kaiser) (01/15/86)

> In article <10@ucdavis.UUCP> g554438462ea@ucdavis.UUCP (0040) writes:
> >	3.  ...  Or can someone tell me what the plot reason was
> >	    for Murphy and Miss Wolf to be written out of the script and
> >	    replaced my Miss Krebs??
>
> I don't think they explained the disappearance of the old regulars.
> Mildred appeared in the first episode of that season as an IRA
> investigator looking for the same person that Steele was chasing.  At
> the end of the episode she decides that her normal work is boring and
> that it would be more exciting to continue globe-trotting with the
> Steele Agency.
> --
>     Barry Margolin
>     ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics
>     UUCP: ..!genrad!mit-eddie!barmar

That's IRS, not IRA.  With Steele's Irish background, such distinctions are
important.  Actually, Laura did mention what happened to Murphy and Bernice.
Bernice ran off with a jazz musician, and Murphy formed his own agency in
Denver.  Steele commented that Murphy "works closely with the coroner's
office" a reference to the fact that Murphy always got stuck chasing down
the coroner's report, a job he despised.