[net.tv] FANS OF "THIS OLD HOUSE"

vas@lzaz.UUCP (V.SNYDER) (01/06/86)

For all you This Old House fans who have been waiting for the
new installment of this program, my husband has marked on the
calendar that it starts this Saturday 1/11/86 at 4 p.m. on PBS
(I believe it is channel 13)!!!

smelser@wanginst.UUCP (Craig Smelser) (01/07/86)

In article <465@lzaz.UUCP> vas@lzaz.UUCP (V.SNYDER) writes:

>For all you This Old House fans who have been waiting for the
>new installment of this program, my husband has marked on the
>calendar that it starts this Saturday 1/11/86 at 4 p.m. on PBS
>(I believe it is channel 13)!!!

    Here in Boston,  we have  enjoyed TOH for  about 10(?)  weeks.   The
    program is changing in some good ways: (1) We're getting to know the
    homeowner a  litle more  (2) Budget's  aren't infinitely  large  (3)
    Projects are not  *dream* projects, but  things *real* people  might
    endeavor to do.

    TOH is by far  my favorite program  on TV, I hope  you folks on  the
    west coast enjoy it as much this season as I have!

--

----------
Craig Smelser

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (01/16/86)

In article <1517@wanginst.UUCP> smelser@wanginst.UUCP (Craig Smelser) writes:
>    Projects are not  *dream* projects, but  things *real* people  might
>    endeavor to do.
>
>    TOH is by far  my favorite program  on TV, I hope  you folks on  the
>    west coast enjoy it as much this season as I have!

It is indeed an entertaining show. I just LOVE to watch people work.
Even if you never intend to do any carpentry yourself, this show is
worth watching, because it will tell you how it is SUPPOSED to be done,
and thereby give you plenty of information you need to check out a house or
check over some carpenter's work. I know it's really hard to believe,
but many carpenters DON'T do things the way they are supposed to be
done. Some are even incompetent! :-)

Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgub!cylixd!dave)