[net.tv] Spenser for Hire & Joe Broz

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (01/20/86)

In article <24300005@gypsy.UUCP> chod@gypsy.UUCP writes:

>Does anyone know if Robert Urich or some other star or staff member is of
>Yugoslavian ancestry, or has some other connection to Yugoslavia?  Last
>night's show (1/14) had Spenser pitted against a hood named "Joe Broz".  I am
>pretty sure that character has been on the show before.

Neither Urich nor the "Spenser for Hire" cast should be asked -- Joe Broz is
a character Robert Parker has used in the Spenser novels several times.
Broz is usually played in a much more dignified manner in the books; Parker
never mention any racial or cultural background for him, though.  They have
also used him in the show before.

            "And that was the end of Grogan, the man who killed my father,
             raped and murdered my sister, burned my ranch, shot my dog, and
             stole my Bible!"

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty