[net.tv] Is this the end of... Misfits of Science

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (02/10/86)

I turned on MISFITS OF SCIENCE week before last, and they had an odd (for
them) episode that had "bookend" scenes of Richard trying to explain to a
board of executives just what the show is about.  At the end, Richard comes
out, turns to the audience and says "They didn't get it".  Anyone know if
the show has been cancelled?  An original way to put it...

                               "Well, I'm glad you didn't
                                do something *sensible*...
                                such as use the *spare*!"
                                                "Spare?  Spare what?"

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty

barmar@mit-eddie.UUCP (Barry Margolin) (02/12/86)

In article <2679@colossus.fluke.UUCP> moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) writes:
>I turned on MISFITS OF SCIENCE week before last, and they had an odd (for
>them) episode that had "bookend" scenes of Richard trying to explain to a
>board of executives just what the show is about.  At the end, Richard comes
>out, turns to the audience and says "They didn't get it".  Anyone know if
>the show has been cancelled?  An original way to put it...

Yes, it has been cancelled.  However, I doubt that the scenes you saw
were the result of the cancellation, as it was only announced a few days
ago.  I suspect that the scenes you describe were more a reaction to the
general opinion of Misfits in the industry.  It has been the butt of
many jokes this year (the way Manimal was last year (or was it the year
before?)).
--
    Barry Margolin
    ARPA: barmar@MIT-Multics