[net.tv] Unimportant Query

hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) (02/22/86)

Just curious; out here in the East, Colgate's toothpaste commercial is
riddled with references to `WMFP'.  So, is there a corresponding `KMFP'
commercial out west or what?

-dave
--
David Hsu	Communication & Signal Processing Lab, EE Department
<disclaimer>	University of Maryland,  College Park, MD 20742

"Godzilla has been spotted in Sector 5!"

wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) (02/25/86)

In article <528@eneevax.UUCP>, hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) writes:
> Just curious; out here in the East, Colgate's toothpaste commercial is
> riddled with references to `WMFP'.  So, is there a corresponding `KMFP'
> commercial out west or what?
>
> -dave
> --
> David Hsu	Communication & Signal Processing Lab, EE Department

Nope.  It's still WMFP out here in the midwest.  (Texas)  Anyone in California
have anything to add?

Hmm interesting.  WMFP--the Colgate Pump!  blares one commercial.
If MFP stands for
	Maximum
	Fluoride
	Protection,
then what does the W stand for?

Maybe this should go on net.games.trivia...  :-)
					     8-)
					     =-)
					     :->
					     0-) cyclops

Sorry about that, Chief.

Not yet.

vc253ah@unmc.UUCP (vc253ah) (02/25/86)

In article <> hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) writes:
>Just curious; out here in the East, Colgate's toothpaste commercial is
>riddled with references to `WMFP'.  So, is there a corresponding `KMFP'
>commercial out west or what?
>
>-dave

	No, the silly commercial (put it down as one of the all time worst,
along with those silly crest/cavity creeps commercials), was using the
call letters of WMFP (With Maximum Floride Protection, I believe). It
didn't run for long out here as I believe everyone was wondering what
(and where) a station with a W call letter would be. Who knows.
(God, I think I'm watching too much afternoon TV!)
RCR
(Ronald Rosul, vc253ah@unmc)

showard@udenva.UUCP (Mr. Blore) (02/26/86)

In article <419@utastro.UUCP> wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) writes:
>If MFP stands for
>	Maximum
>	Fluoride
>	Protection,

   Actually, MFP is Sodium Monofluorophosphate.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"
--
Mr. Blore, the DJ who would not die
                      {hplabs, seismo}!hao!udenva!showard

cramer@kontron.UUCP (Clayton Cramer) (02/27/86)

> Just curious; out here in the East, Colgate's toothpaste commercial is
> riddled with references to `WMFP'.  So, is there a corresponding `KMFP'
> commercial out west or what?
>
> -dave
> --
> David Hsu	Communication & Signal Processing Lab, EE Department

Nope.  They run the WMFP ad out here as well.  Just shows the New Yorker
cover with the view from New York describes the Madison Avenue sorts
just as well as the trendy intellectuals.

gam@amdahl.UUCP (G A Moffett) (02/27/86)

In article <528@eneevax.UUCP> hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) writes:

> Just curious; out here in the East, Colgate's toothpaste commercial is
> riddled with references to `WMFP'.  So, is there a corresponding `KMFP'
> commercial out west or what?

No, there is no 'KMFP' commercial out here, which bothers me.
If Colgate feels it is sufficient to make the commericial for the eastern
US (but not the western US), it is enough to discourage me from buying
Colgate.

PS - I buy Crest anyway, but it doesn't really matter what toothpaste
     I use, as long as it has a lot of fluoride and doesn't taste icky.
--
Gordon A. Moffett		...!{ihnp4,seismo,hplabs}!amdahl!gam

 ~ You tell me it's the institution...
 ~ Well, you better free your mind instead (shoo-be-do-wap ...) ~

tom@utcsri.UUCP (Tom Nadas) (03/01/86)

Yeah, and what about CMFP for those of us north of the border?

Robert J. Sawyer
in Toronto
c/o
--

					Tom Nadas

UUCP:   {decvax,linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,allegra,utzoo}!utcsri!tom
CSNET:  tom@toronto

sas@leadsv.UUCP (Scott Stewart) (03/04/86)

In article <419@utastro.UUCP>, wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) writes:
> In article <528@eneevax.UUCP>, hsu@eneevax.UUCP (Dave Hsu) writes:
> > Just curious; out here in the East, Colgate's toothpaste commercial is
> > riddled with references to `WMFP'.  So, is there a corresponding `KMFP'
> > commercial out west or what?
> >
> > -dave
> > --
> > David Hsu	Communication & Signal Processing Lab, EE Department
>
> Nope.  It's still WMFP out here in the midwest.  (Texas)  Anyone in California
> have anything to add?
>
> Hmm interesting.  WMFP--the Colgate Pump!  blares one commercial.
> If MFP stands for
> 	Maximum
> 	Fluoride
> 	Protection,
> then what does the W stand for?

  How about 'with'

					Scott A. Stewart
					LMSC - Sunnyvale

ingrid@pilchuckDataio.UUCP (the Real Swede) (03/05/86)

> Just curious; out here in the East, Colgate's toothpaste commercial is
> riddled with references to `WMFP'.  So, is there a corresponding `KMFP'
> commercial out west or what?
>
> "Godzilla has been spotted in Sector 5!"

Nope. Here in Seattle we are also plagued with "WMFP." I think the commercial
sucks, no matter what part of the country it's broadcast in....and get that
Godzilla character outa here, will ya?! He's moving to Level 7!! :-)
ing**