[net.tv] Winky Dink was Re: More favorite cartoons.

wjr@frog.UUCP (STella Calvert) (03/07/86)

In article <119@factron.uucp> bruce@factron.UUCP (Bruce Barnett) writes:
>Then there was Manfred the Wonderdog. Also, didn't Tom Terrific have that
>gimmick with a clean plastic sheet you put on the TV, and they showed you some
>lines on the TV that you traced?

That was Winky Dink.  And I doubt that I'm the only little kid that
got in big trouble for drawing on the screen after the protective
sheet had been removed.  And it wasn't tracing, exactly.  For
instance, Winky Dink would need to climb a cliff, but had no rope.
_You_ could provide him a rope.  (I tried erasing the top of the rope,
but he disappointed me by climbing up the non-existent portion....)

Sorry I don't remember what year any of this was, but I'd guess it was
before 1960, by which time I had stopped getting up for Saturday
cartoons (if you're up till 3am reading your latest haul of SF from
the bookmobile, you don't get up for mere cartoons.  Oh for a VCR and
a time machine....)

				STella Calvert

		Do what thou wilt -- not just a good idea,

				it's the law!

Guest on Account:	...!mit-eddie!frog!wjr