[net.tv] Inside joke in Twilight Zone -- Yes, it would work

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (03/12/86)

In article <1193@ihuxw.UUCP> tommyo@ihuxw.UUCP (Tom O`Connor) writes:
>> Does anyone know whether Kennedy's assasination took place on the same
>> day of the week as TZ was on in that year?
>
>J. F. Kennedy was shot on a Friday, Nov 22, 1963, around
>12:00 p.m.

If this is true, then it does work!  Twilight Zone was broadcast from 9:30
to 10:00 PM EST during the 1963-64 season (according to TV GUIDE: The first
25 years) on Friday Nights.  In the TZ episode, the conversation takes place
the evening of the the (attempted, in the Twilight Zone) assasination.

Nicely figured by the writer...

                                 "But isn't there some
                                  other way to call him?"
                                                         "At least a dozen."
                                 "Then WHY?"
                                                         "To let them know,
                                                          Merkel, to let
                                                          EVERYONE know.
                                                         "Hit it."

                                        Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
ARPA: fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA
UUCP: {uw-beaver, sun, allegra, sb6, lbl-csam}!fluke!moriarty