[net.tv] old tv shows

m6526@ihuxn.UUCP (08/23/83)

How many out there in networld remember the intro
to my favorite old time classic with David Jannsen
the "Fugitive", also the names of the cast and charaters
in the show like:
The Luietenant (sp?)
David's charater name
His sister's name
The one arm man's name (by the way- he is still alive, folks)
When did it start and end.
oh yes, his wife's name.
the narrator of the show.
I'm sure there is somebody out there who knows or have I stump
everybody.

Here is another show, called the "Whirly-birds" and "Sky King"
agian I ask you, who are the cast of charaters of these shows.

Its amazing !! I just thought of another show like "Hawaian Eye",
and "77 Sunset Strip". These and other trivia questions Ihave for
you will certianly tickle you brains cell all night. Anyone who
answer these questions and other questions will recieve the honor-
able "FICKLED FINGER OF FACT" award.

m6526@ihuxn.UUCP (08/24/83)

How many out there in networld remembers what letters in the
show man from U.N.C.L.E ? Also, the charaters in the show including
the chief ?

wjv@ihuxi.UUCP (08/25/83)

United
Network
 in
Command
 of
Law
Enforcement

wah@ihuxl.UUCP (08/26/83)

A rundown of what I remember of the "Man From UNCLE" show.

U.N.C.L.E.  -  United Network Command for Law Enforcement

Napoleon Solo  -  played by Robert Vaughn

Illya Kuriachen (sp?)  -  played by David McCallum

Mr. Waverly (UNCLE "boss")  -  played by (the late, I believe)
                               Leo G. Carrol

By the way, a few months back on commercial tv, "Return of the Man from
UNCLE" was aired. Great fun for all UNCLE fans.

				W. A. Hoberg

esj@ihuxl.UUCP (08/26/83)

UNCLE is easy.  Does anybody remember what THRUSH stood for?

Jeff Johnson
ihnp4!ihuxl!esj

guy@rlgvax.UUCP (Guy Harris) (08/28/83)

THRUSH:

Technological Hierarchy for the Removal of Undesirables and the Suppression of
Humanity.

	Guy Harris
	{seismo,mcnc,we13,brl-bmd,allegra}!rlgvax!guy

rjb@cucard.UUCP (08/31/83)

    The Avengers starred Patrick McNee as John Steed and Diana Rigg as
Mrs. Emma Peel, the phrase you asked for was "Mrs. Peel, we're needed".
 Now one for you: who took the place of Diana Rigg (as if anyone could)
and what was the name of the new character she played?
    New Yorkers with cable tv can see The Avengers currently.
--
Reidar Bornholdt
..!harpo!cucard!reidar

ins_aset@jhunix.UUCP (Susanne E Trowbridge) (03/13/86)

> In article <479@houem.UUCP> epic@houem.UUCP writes:
> >Who remembers the show, "Family Affair" ?. Boy, I miss that show,
>
> Cissy.  As a matter of fact, here in the Baltimore area, channel 24 shows
> reruns of *Family Affair* every evening.

Does anybody remember the name of the girl who played Buffy?  I believe
she died of a heroin overdose at quite a young age.

Also, there used to be a pair of shows on Friday night: one was "Year At
The Top," which starred Paul Shaffer (!) and Greg Evigan, and the other
was a variety show featuring two brothers.  I think they were called the
Keane Brothers, or the McKean Brothers, something like that.  Can anyone
out there help?  Wonder what they're doing now?  I remember that they
once did a song in honor of Amy Carter, so you know it was long ago!

--

Sue Trowbridge

"You put two mirrors up against each other, and there's infinity, but you
 can never see it, 'cause your head blocks it off." --Robyn Hitchcock

bitnet: ins_aset@jhunix.BITNET
arpa  : ins_aset%jhunix.BITNET@wiscvm.WISC.EDU
uucp  : ...{ihnp4!whuxcc | seismo!umcp-cs | allegra!hopkins} jhunix!ins_aset
	OR ...decvax!decuac!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_aset