[net.tv] Monkees TV Episode List

eric@amiga.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (03/05/86)

************************ munch, munch, munch *********************************

Well all you Monkees Maniacs, here it is, as promised, the Monkees TV series
episode list.  It is from (I think) VIDEO Review, April 1984.  For all of
you who missed the Monkees on MTV a couple of weekends back, MTV is running
two episodes every weekday for the month of March.  They did, however, only
broadcast 46 of the 58 episodes.  I'm hoping they might show the ones they
skipped this month.

BTW, in a week or so I plan to post the remainder of the VIDEO Review article.

It would be nice to get a list of all the Monkees songs, including singles,
albums, unreleased songs, imports, etc.  Anyone have this information?

			        *VIDEO Review*
				  April 1984
			      "Critic's Choice:"
			by Jerry Beck and Fred Velez

			 Hey, hey, we're the Monkees
			 People say we monkey around
			  But we're too busy singin'
			     to put anybody down.

			F  I  R  S  T    S  E  A  S  O  N

ROYAL FLUSH * * * After saving Princess Bettina from drowning, Davy realizes
her Uncle Otto plans to kill her and take over her country.

MONKEE SEE, MONKEE DIE * * * The Monkees visit a mansion on a fog-shrouded
island to learn about their inheritance.

MONKEE VS. MACHINE * * * * Mike gets a job in a computerized toy factory.

YOUR FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD KIDNAPPERS * * * A publicity stunt involves the
boys in a phony kidnapping.

THE SPY WHO CAME IN FROM THE COOL * * The Monkees become involved in a spy
caper when Davy buys a pair of red maracas.

SUCCESS STORY * * * Mike, Peter and Micky make Davy look like a millionaire
to impress his grandfather.

MONKEES IN A GHOST TOWN * * * The Monkees run out of gas in a ghost town
where two hoods await the arrival of their boss, The Big Man.  Lon Chaney,
Jr. guest stars.

GIFT HORSE * * The Monkees turn to farming so that a boy can keep his pet
horse.  Jerry Colona guest stars.  Features an unreleased song, "All The
King's Men."

THE CHAPERONE * * The boys throw a party without having located a chaperone
who will please the father of Davy's new girlfriend.

THE MONKEES (PILOT EPISODE) * * * * The Monkees get a job at a sweet-sixteen
party, where Davy falls in love with the hostess.

MONKEES A LA CARTE * * Disguised as the "Purple Flower Gang," the boys battle
a gangster who's taken over a restaurant.

I'VE GOT A LITTLE SONG HERE * * * The boys pursue a phony music publisher
who conned Mike out of $100.

ONE MAN SHY * * * The boys help Peter win the heart of a pretty debutante.

DANCE, MONKEES, DANCE * * * The Monkees try to shuffle out of a lifetime
contract for dancing lessons.

TOO MANY GIRLS * * A stage mother schemes to have Davy perform with her
daughter on the Amateur Hour.

SON OF A GYPSY * * Gypsies force the Monkees to steal a valuable piece of
sculpture.

CASE OF THE MISSING MONKEE * * * The boys rescue Peter, who was kidnapped,
and foil the abduction of a nuclear scientist.

I WAS A TEENAGE MONSTER * * * A mad scientist transplants the Monkees'
musical talent into the body of a monster.  Richard "Jaws" Kiel plays the
monster.

FIND THE MONKEES * * The Monkees are thwarted in their attempts to get to see
a TV producer at the very time, coincidentally, he is unable to locate them.

MONKEES IN THE RING * * A crooked fight promoter convinces Davy he can be
world champ.

THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPERS * * Davy doubles for a prince to save his throne.

MONKEES AT THE CIRCUS * * The Monkees pose as aerialists to save a small
circus.

CAPTAIN CROCODILE * * * * A kiddie show host who fears the Monkees are taking
over his show retaliates against them.

MONKEES A LA MODE * * * The Monkees receive an award for grace, chic and
gentility.

ALIAS MICKY DOLENZ * Micky's resemblance to a number one killer involves the
Monkees with a mob.

MONKEES CHOW MEIN * * * The Monkees tangle with "Dragonman" and his Red
Chinese spies when Peter takes the wrong fortune cookie.

MONKEE MOTHER * * When the Monkees fall behind in their rent, the landlord
moves in a motherly widow who takes over the apartment and the Monkees.

MONKEES ON THE LINE * * The Monkees get everyone's wires crossed when they
take over a telephone answering service.

MONKEES GET OUT MORE DIRT * * * The Monkees' friendship is threatened when
all of the boys fall for the same girl.  Features a unreleased song,
"Steam Engine."

MONKEES IN MANHATTAN * * Trying to crash Broadway, the boys help a producer
get backing for a show.

MONKEES AT THE MOVIES * * * The Monkees are hired as extras in a beach party
movie, but Davy becomes the star when the lead actor quits.  Bobby Sherman
guest stars.

MONKEES ON TOUR * * * * A documentary look at a day in the life of the
Monkees on tour.

		S  E  C  O  N  D    S  E  A  S  O  N

A NICE PLACE TO VISIT * * In Mexico, Davy is captured by the bandit El Diablo.
Godfrey Cambridge makes a cameo appearance.

THE PICTURE FRAME * * Convinced they are making a movie, the Monkees rob a
bank.

EVERYWHERE A SHEIK, SHEIK * * To avoid a man she detests, a beautiful
princess wants to marry Davy.

MONKEE MAYOR * Mike runs for mayor to stop a crooked incumbent.

ART FOR MONKEES SAKE * * When Peter takes up painting as a hobby, his precise
rendering of detail involves him with two art forgers.  Liberace makes a cameo
appearance.

99 LB. WEAKLING * * * To win a beautiful girl, Micky takes a course in body
building.

HILLBILLY HONEYMOON * * A hillbilly feud results in Davy attending a "shotgun
wedding."

MONKEES MAROONED * * * After Peter buys Bluebeard's map, the Monkees search
for treasure.

THE CARD-CARRYING RED SHOES * The Monkees play for a ballet company - actually
a spy ring.

WILD MONKEES * * The Monkees get mixed up with a motorcycle gang and their
girlfriends.

A COFFIN TOO FREQUENT * The Monkees are forced to attend a seance in their
own apartment.

HITTING THE HIGH SEAS * * The Monkees are crew to a pirate-like sea captain
who intends to take over the Queen Anne ocean liner.

MONKEES IN TEXAS * * * The boys go to Mike's Texas home, where two families
are warring over land.

MONKEES ON THE WHEEL * * Mistaken for crooked gamblers in Vegas, the boys risk
all to nab the real gang.

THE CHRISTMAS SHOW * * * * The Monkees try to bring the joys of christmas to
a cynical little boy.

FAIRY TALE * * * In a fantasy romp through fairy tale land, Peter rescues a
haughty princess.

MONKEES WATCH THEIR FEET * The Monkees foil an invasion from the planet
Spritz.

MONSTROUS MONKEE MASH * * * The Monkees meet Wolfman, The Mummy and Franken-
stein in Count Dracula's castle.

THE MONKEES PAW * * A monkey's paw brings the Monkees luck - all bad!

THE DEVIL AND PETER TORK * * * * Peter sells his soul for a harp.

MONKEES RACE AGAIN * Davy drives the Monkeemobile in an auto race when the
British entry is sabotaged.

MONKEES IN PARIS * * * Fed up with their TV series, the Monkees go to Paris.

MONKEES MIND THEIR MANOR * * * Davy inherits an English Manor, but must first
win a tournament.  Directed by Peter Tork.

SOME LIKE IT LUKEWARM * * * To enter a band contest, Davy poses as a girl.
During the program's second half, Davy performs and talks with Charlie
Smalls (later the songwriter for *The Wiz*).

MONKEES BLOW THEIR MINDS * * The Monkees fool a hypnotist, who thinks they are
under his spell.  Frank Zappa and Burgess Meredith make cameo appearances.

THE FRODIS CAPER (A.K.A. MIJACGEO) * * * * The boys encounter a pulsing eye
that freezes people to their TV sets.  Tim Buckley guest stars.  Micky
Dolenz directed.

	Eric Cotton
	Commodore

"My hovercraft is full of eels." - M. Python

bdr@ariel.UUCP (B.ROWE) (03/13/86)

> ************************ munch, munch, munch *********************************
>

> Well all you Monkees Maniacs, here it is, as promised, the Monkees TV series
> episode list.  It is from (I think) VIDEO Review, April 1984.  For all of
> you who missed the Monkees on MTV a couple of weekends back, MTV is running
> two episodes every weekday for the month of March.  They did, however, only
> broadcast 46 of the 58 episodes.  I'm hoping they might show the ones they
> skipped this month.

Could you post the times that MTV is showing these episodes of the Monkees.

Thanks

eric@amiga.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (03/18/86)

In article <1101@ariel.UUCP>, bdr@ariel.UUCP (B.ROWE) writes:

> Could you post the times that MTV is showing these episodes of the Monkees.
>

> Thanks

MTV is showing two episodes a day through the month of March. one at
12:00 noon, the other at 8:00 pm.  All times are EST.

	Regards,
	Eric Cotton
	Commodore

"Save the Texas Prairie Chicken!" - M. Nesmith