[net.tv] old tv show

m6526@ihuxn.UUCP (08/23/83)

How many out there in networld remember the intro
to my favorite old time classic with David Jannsen
the "Fugitive", also the names of the cast and charaters
in the show like:
The Luietenant (sp?)
David's charater name
His sister's name
Here is another show, called the "Whirly-birds" and "Sky King"
again I ask you, who are the cast of charaters of these shows.

Its amazing !! I just thought of another show like "Hawaian Eye",
and "77 Sunset Strip". These and other trivia questions Ihave for
you will certianly tickle you brains cell all night. Anyone who
answer these questions and other questions will recieve the honor-
able "FICKLED FINGER OF FATE" award.

epic@houem.UUCP (SJS) (03/10/86)

Who remembers the show, "Family Affair" ?. Boy, I miss that show,
with Buffey, Jodie, Uncle Bill, and Mr. French. Especially
Mr. French. Boy was he cool. Does anybody remember Buffey's
and Jodie's sister's name?

Good bye.

usiskin@uwvax.UUCP (Suzanne Usiskin) (03/12/86)

In article <479@houem.UUCP>, epic@houem.UUCP (SJS) writes:
> Who remembers the show, "Family Affair" ?. Boy, I miss that show,
> with Buffey, Jodie, Uncle Bill, and Mr. French. Especially
> Mr. French. Boy was he cool. Does anybody remember Buffey's
> and Jodie's sister's name?

Wasn't her name "Sissy"?  Do you know what happened to her?  As
far as I know, Mr. French has passed away, as did Buffey by drug
od at age 18.  And I heard Jodie became a missionary in Africa.
Does anyone know if any of this is correct?

rem@bucsd.UUCP (Robert E. Mee) (03/13/86)

> Does anybody remember Buffy and Jody's sister's name?

Of course, What else!?!?! it's................Sissy

--

 Robert Mee	Boston University Distributed Systems Group

UUCP:	        ...!harvard!bu-cs!rem
ARPA:	        rem%bu-cs.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa
CSNET:	        rem@bu-cs

rsx_zisc@jhunix.UUCP (Laurah Limbrick) (03/13/86)

In article <479@houem.UUCP> epic@houem.UUCP writes:
>Who remembers the show, "Family Affair" ?. Boy, I miss that show,
>with Buffey, Jodie, Uncle Bill, and Mr. French. Especially
>Mr. French. Boy was he cool. Does anybody remember Buffey's
>and Jodie's sister's name?
>
>Good bye.

Cissy.  As a matter of fact, here in the Baltimore area, channel 24 shows
reruns of *Family Affair* every evening.
--
bitnet: ins_alal@jhunix.BITNET  arpa: ins_alal%jhunix.BITNET@wiscvm.WISC.EDU
uucp:  ...{ihnp4!whuxcc | seismo!umcp-cs | allegra!hopkins} !jhunix!ins_alal

"Happiness - we're all in it together!"

wfz@whuxl.UUCP (ZUCKER) (03/14/86)

> Who remembers the show, "Family Affair" ?. Boy, I miss that show,
> with Buffey, Jodie, Uncle Bill, and Mr. French. Especially
> Mr. French. Boy was he cool. Does anybody remember Buffey's
> and Jodie's sister's name?
>
> Good bye.

Her name was Sissy or Cissy or Cissie or however you want to spell it!

allan@nmtvax.UUCP (Alan F. Perry) (03/14/86)

I remember "Family Affair":

Mr. French was played by Sebastian Cabot, who died in the late seventies
(possibly early eighties) after a stroke.
Uncle Bill was played by Brian Keith who can currently be seen on "Hardcastle
and McCormick".
I don't remember who played Jody or whatever became of him.
I don't remember who played Buffy, but I do remember that OD'ed.
The older sister was Sissy, but I don't remember anything about her.

I used to watch it a lot when I was about 10 or so, but I really can't
remember ANY episodes (except for one where Buffy and Jody sneak off (I
can't remember why?  To join the circus?  I seem to be under the impression
they were in France.) and get involved in some hairy adventure).

That is all.

Allan F. Perry
...somewhere!in!new!mexico

dms@ihlpg.UUCP (Spang) (03/15/86)

> > Who remembers the show, "Family Affair" ?. Boy, I miss that show,
> > with Buffey, Jodie, Uncle Bill, and Mr. French. Especially
> > Mr. French. Boy was he cool. Does anybody remember Buffey's
> > and Jodie's sister's name?

CISSY -

Boy _DO_ I remember this show!!!  I had a Mrs. Beasley doll. You must
remember Mrs. Beasley - blue polka-dot dress, grey hair, glasses, and if I
remember she talked too. I also had ----get this----- an original Buffy
creation, a green pantsuit that looked like the upholstery in my brother's
Pinto.

If I remember right there was another butler before Mr French(Sebastion Cabot)
moved in but I don't remember who played him.

hgp@hounx.UUCP (#H.PAGE) (03/18/86)

I think ``Family Affair'' was, along with ``Pettycoat Junction,'' one
of the most mindless show ever to be presented to the TV viewing
public.  What kind of brainless idiots could possibily create shows
such as these, write scripts for them, not to mention have their names
associated them in the credits, is beyond me.  And what could have
been going through the feeble brains of the feeble brained TV
executives as they approved and funded these shows, we may never know.

And what's this about Mr. French?  Mr. French!  Neat, huh?  Well, I
always thought of him as some big 'ole fat <explicative deleted>
from, what's the name of that country over there, 'cross the Atlantic,
uh, New Zealand, or France, or Canada, or something like that.  Yeah,
it was probably France.

And, while I'm on the subject, is there really a person with the name
``epic'' as the original poster's user id would suggest?  Maybe it's
some bird-brained TV junkie figgerin' out some new TV show angle about two
little kids with their Uncle Burt and their zany antics as they live
in their ``survival condominium'' in Utah in the year 2525.
Or maybe Brooklyn!  (Whots da maddah wit dat???)

So netnews-ers and netnews-ettes, is this the good word, or what?
(flames to /dev/null)

Howard G. Page

P.S  The word ``zany'' was entered by my finger tips at the expense
     of excruciating pain. Sorry.

P.P.S. Uh, gee, I almost forgot the -+

				    ;-)

mdr@bentley.UUCP (M. Rossner) (03/18/86)

>I don't remember who played Jody or what became of him.

Jody was played by Johnny Whitaker (sp?), later to become
a Saturday morning kiddies' favorite on (what else?) "Sigmund
and the Sea Monsters".  (That was the one where the sea monsters
watched shell-o-vision, answered the shell-o-phone by saying
"shello", and had for monetary currency, of course, clams. A
true classic.)

Johnny also starred in the musical movie version of "Tom Sawyer"
as the title character.  Not such a bad flick, as a remember when
I saw it when I was 10.

As far as I know he is still alive and kicking and unemployed.
I don't know who played Buffy or Sissy.

I also remember that there was indeed another Mr. French, who
appeared after Sebastian Cabot left the show.  He was supposed
to be the original's brother or cousin or something, thus
still went by the name "Mr. French".

Incindentally, Uncle Bill was of course Brian Keith.  On the
show he was supposed to be a civil engineer; thus the family
could always travel to exotic locales (I remember Barcelona
in particular) so Uncle Bill could build a bridge.

                -- In televisia speramus---
                   Marc D. Rossner
                   AT&T Bell Labs -- Liberty Corner, NJ

ix312@sdcc6.UUCP (ix312) (03/20/86)

> > Who remembers the show, "Family Affair" ?. Boy, I miss that show,
> > with Buffey, Jodie, Uncle Bill, and Mr. French. Especially
> > Mr. French. Boy was he cool. Does anybody remember Buffey's
> > and Jodie's sister's name?
>
> Wasn't her name "Sissy"?

I seem to recall am episode in which she was thinking about marrying
some prince (or some rather wealthy young man) from some European (?)
country.  His father referred to Sissy as Catherine (or is it
Katherine?).  This was the same episode where she changed her hair
style.

jeanette@randvax.UUCP (Jeanette Haritan) (03/20/86)

In article <717@hounx.UUCP> hgp@hounx.UUCP (#H.PAGE) writes:
>I think ``Family Affair'' was, along with ``Pettycoat Junction,'' one
>of the most mindless show ever to be presented to the TV viewing
>public.  What kind of brainless idiots could possibily create shows

I thought it was a cute, sweet, HARMLESS show.

>And what's this about Mr. French?  Mr. French!  Neat, huh?  Well, I
>always thought of him as some big 'ole fat <explicative deleted>
>from, what's the name of that country over there, 'cross the Atlantic,
>uh, New Zealand, or France, or Canada, or something like that.  Yeah,
>it was probably France.

It was England.

>some bird-brained TV junkie figgerin' out some new TV show angle about two
>little kids with their Uncle Burt and their zany antics as they live
>in their ``survival condominium'' in Utah in the year 2525.
>Or maybe Brooklyn!  (Whots da maddah wit dat???)

Now be nice.

>                                   ;-)

That's better! 8*}
--