[net.tv] TZ and JFK assassination

lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) (03/17/86)

>J. F. Kennedy was shot on a Friday, Nov 22, 1963, around
>12:00 p.m.

*
Sorry-
There is no such thing as 12:00 PM, or 12:00 AM for that matter.
Its 12 Noon or 12 midnight.

JFK was shot at apx 12 Noon EST 22nd November, 1963.

LWS
hou2d!lws
*

leeper@mtgzz.UUCP (m.r.leeper) (03/19/86)

 >There is no such thing as 12:00 PM, or 12:00 AM for that
 >matter.  Its 12 Noon or 12 midnight.

I always thought that 12 AM was midnight, 12 PM was noon.  My VCR and
my digital watch agree.

				Mark Leeper
				...ihnp4!mtgzz!leeper

brown@nicmad.UUCP (03/19/86)

In article <914@hou2d.UUCP> lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) writes:

>>J. F. Kennedy was shot on a Friday, Nov 22, 1963, around
>>12:00 p.m.
>
>*
>Sorry-
>There is no such thing as 12:00 PM, or 12:00 AM for that matter.
>Its 12 Noon or 12 midnight.

You may indeed be correct, but with the advent of digital clocks,
12:00pm is noon and 12:00am is midnight.  It is really hard for
digital clocks and VCRs to dislpay 'noon' and 'midnight'.

So, people have gotten into the habit of saying 12 pm or 12 am.
It may be wrong, but it has become reality.
--

              ihnp4------\
            harvard-\     \

MW9@PSUVM.BITNET (03/20/86)

In article <914@hou2d.UUCP>, lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) says:

>>J. F. Kennedy was shot on a Friday, Nov 22, 1963, around
>>12:00 p.m.
>Sorry-
>There is no such thing as 12:00 PM, or 12:00 AM for that matter.
>Its 12 Noon or 12 midnight.

Oh, please.  Do you want to give me a major break?
(I knew once they took net.flame away this kind of thing would happen.)
You wanna move that discussion to net.time or something?   Shheee!!
I knew what he meant!   As did most intelligent people.
Now, go away.
-------

"Science does not remove the Terror of the Gods."   -J.R. "Bob" Dobbs

Michael S. Weiss
The Pennsylvania State University
MW9@PSUVM.BITNET

<* The opinions expressed by me do not reflect those held  *>
<* by my school nor those of my employer.  (If I had one.) *>

good@pixar (Blink twice, son, if any of this is gettin' through.) (03/21/86)

In article <914@hou2d.UUCP>, lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) writes:
> Sorry-
> There is no such thing as 12:00 PM, or 12:00 AM for that matter.
> Its 12 Noon or 12 midnight.

	Sorry, but there is such a thing.  Midnight is 12:00 AM and noon
is 12:00 PM.  Of course, *real* men don't use AM/PM.  They use the 24 hour
clock.

		--Craig
		...ucbvax!pixar!good