[net.audio] KLH FM Table Tob Stereo

rib@pyuxbb.UUCP (01/23/84)

Does anyone have experience with a KLH FM Table Top Stereo?
Is the performance as a clock radio replacement worth the
$170 price tag.
Subject: KLH FM Table Tob Stereo
Newsgroups: net.audio

Does anyone have experience with a KLH FM Table Top Stereo?
Is the performance as a clock radio replacement worth the
$170 price tag.

sdyer@bbncca.ARPA (Steve Dyer) (01/25/84)

I have a KLH FM Stereo Clock Radio for my office, and while it's
an adequate clock radio replacement (it ought to be for $170!),
and an OK office stereo, in retrospect I wouldn't pay that much.
Not that there is much to complain about, it's just that you are
paying for packaging and convenience, not performance.

The tuner looks "digital", but it's really a conventional tuner with
digital display.  One nice feature--it accepts an AUX input, which any
Walkman cassette player can plug into with only a simple mini-jack to
stereo RCA adapter.  In pure hi-fi terms, the speakers are small
one-cone jobbies, and the amp output is a measly 3.5W/channel.  If one
were looking for a low-cost office setup, I think some browsing
through your local Radio Shack could produce a better value for the
money.
--
/Steve Dyer
decvax!bbncca!sdyer